IGNORED

Free album: Coincidentia Oppositorum

Guest Erothyme

Guest Drahken

Liked the album, it made for a great car ride. What I was really drawn to is the melodic elements and how each track had a healthy amount of change ups and twists to keep me interested. Kinda funky, kinda jazzy, little bit of psychedelia, overall a nice mix of styles. In terms of constructive criticism, some of your drum kit sounds were a little too clean for my taste in this album, mainly the snares on a few tracks (I forget which ones but I think track 1 was one of them). I'd have like a bit grittier sounding drums to mesh with the other sounds (cut up breaks maybe, although thats so over done). Sometimes the clean snare hits sounded out of place, especially on some snare rolls. I dunno if it would really make any improvement but its the first thing that stuck out and the only element that sounded awkward.

Great album though, will be giving it a more hearty listen on my return trip!

Cheers :beer:

• 1 month later...
Guest placidburp

I don't get watmm sometimes...(though, I also missed this first time round)

This is excellent mate, thanks very much for sharing your wonderful music. I absolutely recommend that people download this. :beer:

So did the physical CDs ever get made for this? I'd love to snag one.

By the way, I rated this album my favorite release of 2009. Love it.

I really like this album. "Cloverleaf Interchange" is a brilliant way to start out the album, a very tense, yet celebratory track. "Virginia Capes" is a hot track, no doubt, nice melodies in this one. I like the quick transition into "Outer Banks" which has a nice shuffle. "Astral Objective" has great drum textures. "Eye Sea Entanglement" had a very uplifting melody. "Wheel of Fire" I've heard before, and i still love how intense this one is. "Moai Mojo" sounds a bit dub/reggae-ish, very nice. "Nymphaea Caerulea" I can imagine a blue lilly lotus dancing to this tune. "Appalachian Autumn" I have heard this tune. I love how visual parts of it are. "The Sage & The Souls" has a pretty cool early 90's electro sound to it. "Chiaroscuro" nice synthwork on this one.

Archived