IGNORED

Gristelism

thehauntingsoul

http://bleep.com/index.php?page=stock_details&releaseid=244

These little creatures have finally arrived... brought to you by EBM/Industrial pioneers Throbbing Gristle, Christian Viraant (original creator of FM3 Buddha Machine) and Industrial Records, the Gristelism is the worlds first portable aural exciter featuring thirteen original and uncompromising loops, lashing together a mix of signature TG experimental noise, industrial drone, alongside classic melodies and rhythms.

We have two available colours - Black and Red - the palm-sized unit (size: w67mm x h69mm x d35mm) features a built-in speaker, volume control, pitch-shift control and loop selector switch. With more loops and almost twice the frequency range of its more innocent little sister Buddha Machine. Gristleism is powered by two AA batteries (not included) and is strictly limited so is sure to sell out in a flash.... the perfect satanic little stocking filler.

244.jpeg

This looks pretty cool and its only $30. Would love to tinker with it on a high dose of acid some time. Apart from the description I don't really have any idea if it would be worth buying. What do you guys think about this?

I never played with a Buddha machine but one criticism was that the available loops were pretty static and the ability to get "wild sounds" was more limited than you might think. I wonder if this new box will have those same problems...

If it's the same makers I'd say most likely. It was literally a pitch bend and a slow down. Buddha Machine was a waste of time (sounded great on paper though)

Bah, fuck it then. My buddy does circuit-bending and I'm thinking of getting him to show me how because he has some REALLY wacky devices that make all sorts of trippy noises using your hands as conductors, light sensors, switches, knobs, yada yada and he paints them up really trippy looking too.

edit:

dunno... still mulling it over, seems pretty cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxalikRJIO0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z36Uo1H6KPo

I never played with a Buddha machine but one criticism was that the available loops were pretty static and the ability to get "wild sounds" was more limited than you might think. I wonder if this new box will have those same problems...

Yeah I reckon it'll be pretty similar. However I doubt I'll be getting this version as the reason I love the two previous Buddha machines it they make great sleeping aids (and the loops on this could be tricky to sleep to) - Stick one on real quiet with headphones on and let the lofi static mesh around the loop. Mmmmm Basinski in a box !

too bad it's not Thee Gristlizer, though maybe based on something about it. that thing was sickening to hear, as is quite prominent on Puppy Gristle. synths can rip your head off harder than any geetar.

that thing is so cool.

$160 though?

It's kit, though. You're basically getting something that could stand toe to toe with an SH-101; a synthesizer, not a McDonald's toy loop machine. It is a lot of money though.

it really is more for the novelty factor

i don't have one but i like the idea of having it as a pet...if you make him angry he'll bleed out your brain through your ears :happy:

Archived