IGNORED

CRIA sued for infringement. Total possible damages to date: $60 Billion

chenGOD

http://www.thestar.com/business/article/735096--geist-record-industry-faces-liability-over-infringement

This might actually redefine irony for me: The institution responsible for changing copyright law so that individuals face huge penalties now has to argue against that law to save itself.

http://www.thestar.com/business/article/735096--geist-record-industry-faces-liability-over-infringement

This might actually redefine irony for me: The institution responsible for changing copyright law so that individuals face huge penalties now has to argue against that law to save itself.

in a word .. awesome ...

but in reality .. this will be a protracted battle yeah .. ?? .. just chalk it up as yet another outstanding ironic payment due to humanity by the parasites amongst us .. they never pay in full and mostly their iou's get swept under the carpet and forgotten about ..

;-/

Guest abusivegeorge

in a word .. awesome ...

but in reality .. this will be a protracted battle yeah .. ?? .. just chalk it up as yet another outstanding ironic payment due to humanity by the parasites amongst us .. they never pay in full and mostly their iou's get swept under the carpet and forgotten about ..

;-/

QFT

Who knows, but I hope Geist gets the word out to as many people as possible. Spread this on facebook or whatever social networking you use.

i wonder if their american counterparts have done the same thing. it seems unlikely that this policy only extended to the Big Four's canadian incarnations.

by my rough calculations, $60B is the Big Four's US revenues for the last 5 years. revenues - not profits. a $60B verdict would destroy them. the CRIA may well go down if this goes through, as they are about 1/10 as big as the RIAA.

They'll settle though yeah, cause you can't pay what you don't have.

Still though i'd like to add once again (in a way george can understand ;1 ) my amazement at the utter amazingness of this event.

---- ::

Plus I wonder what the stock price of those companies is doing. That would give you a better idea as to whether this thing (the case) will gain traction or not.

Archived