IGNORED

slightly unnerving thing that facebook has told me about

pcock

With Andy Norman in court tomorrow I am asking all his supporters to change their status for the day to read "Drop the charges against Andy Norman" and add a link to the group. As the media have failed to respond it is up to us to bring this injustice to the attention of as many people as possible.

On Friday 11th December 2009. Andy Norman, Host and organiser of Thimbleberry Music Festival in County Durham, Uk is in court facing the charge of "permit the use of cannabis on his premises" relating to alleged use by the festival-goers of cannabis at the last September festival.No one was, I believe, arrested at the festival. In effect he is to be prosecuted for the alleged offences of other people. If he is prosecuted this would set a precedent that could have serious repercussions for all festivals. Would any land-owner (including the councils) want to risk holding a festival on their land knowing that they could be prosecuted for the alleged offences of the festival-goers upon which they can have little control.

This a serious charge. He could face Jail.

Thanks to all of the you for the support I know it is appreciated by Andy himself.

As the butterfly flapped its wings a storm was born............ ''

this is a friend of a friend. is it actually true/as dire as it makes out, that if this prosecution goes through that other festivals may also start to suffer repercussions related to people smoking weed/taking harder drugs in their event?

Guest abusivegeorge

I have no fucking idea and this all seems a little odd. Surely he can just say he didn't know they were smoking cannabis and it was out of his control? It is a festival for fucks sake fuck this country in its cunting arse.

Guest Rightsidedrive

I have no fucking idea and this all seems a little odd. Surely he can just say he didn't know they were smoking cannabis and it was out of his control? It is a festival for fucks sake fuck this country in its cunting arse.

haha, for a moment i thought we were talking about the US and I was gonna say i totally agree, but yeah, fuck the UK too, I hear they got like 1 security camera for every 15 people.

i know they do this in the united states for under-aged drinking. the person that owns the place where the under-aged drinking took place is held responsible for it, even if they weren't present at the time. fucked up.

Guest abusivegeorge

haha, for a moment i thought we were talking about the US and I was gonna say i totally agree, but yeah, fuck the UK too, I hear they got like 1 security camera for every 15 people.

Yup. The whole Big Brother thing isn't such a myth.

Guest Rightsidedrive

Orwell for the win.

Guest abusivegeorge

Orwell for the win.

Lol :tongue:

Weed is for hippies, who cares? :rdjgrin:

you would care because as the first post stated, this will discourage both, people from wanting to run and organise festivals and councils from issuing licences for the events. All due to the risk of potential culpability if even one of the attendees does anything wrong.

fuck the UK is an hole.

I'm too old for outdoor festivals, something always gets wet. Keep 'em indoors where people can keep an eye on the brain-dead drug bunnies, that's what I say!

Archived