IGNORED

LOST - Season 6

Rubin Farr

dude, the show began with a plane being ripped in half and almost everyone surviving and then there's a smoke monster. if you thought there was an adequate scientific explanation for what's happening on this show (OMG HAVE YOU DUDES HEARD ABOUT NANOMACHINES?!) then that's your own fault. and if you're going to cite a quote from damon lindelof, well then congratulations, you allowed yourself to be manipulated by promotional material to expect something you shouldn't have.

it's not a matter of it being unbelievable it's a matter of it being done poorly. if it's done right you won't care about how unbelievable it is.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dude, the show began with a plane being ripped in half and almost everyone surviving and then there's a smoke monster. if you thought there was an adequate scientific explanation for what's happening on this show (OMG HAVE YOU DUDES HEARD ABOUT NANOMACHINES?!) then that's your own fault. and if you're going to cite a quote from damon lindelof, well then congratulations, you allowed yourself to be manipulated by promotional material to expect something you shouldn't have.

ok, to look at the bigger picture, season one was awesome mysterious very watchable tv and one of the best single seasons of anything ever made imo

season two obviously had to lose some of the mystique but they kept the standard up with the cool 80s tech and plot that remained very much in the spirit of the first season.

and then, they started to drop the ball. intermittently at first, and then pretty much continuously around season 4. i was one of the earliest admins on (the now semi-officially-endorsed) lostpedia - it's what gave me the wiki-editing bug, and i put in a lot of hours sorting out wiki framework like navbars and meta pages and shit (still used in places). and i have to say, i am disappoint. i am so disappoint.

hahahah lol you must feel cheap by now lol sorry dude :pedobear:

not really. just disappointed by how poorly a really really promising concept ended up turning out.

Guest Mirezzi

added another variable, which seems to rise at an exponential rate...

lostgrapg2.png

Brilliant. Only the tards and monkeys who can't climb out of Abrams' asscrack won't find that graph hilarious...

You climb out of Ridley Scott's unoriginal washed up sell-out ass-crack first!

Super 8 is gonna rule...

Robin Hood will be horrible!

Stop it with the fucking graphs Kaini....!

I am angry!!!!!

AAAAAHHHHH!

Now MY RAGE IS SHOWING!!!!!

YOUR GRAPH MAKE CODY ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!666

Guest Mirezzi

I will make an earnest effort, but I'm truly hopeless. I even liked A Good Year! :facepalm:

*last post*

Super 8 is gonna rule...

Robin Hood will be horrible!

Stop it with the fucking graphs Kaini....!

I am angry!!!!!

AAAAAHHHHH!

Now MY RAGE IS SHOWING!!!!!

YOUR GRAPH MAKE CODY ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!666

imakealotofgraphs.jpg

love the graphs!! particularly the rage part. the color and style say it all. well done. moar please.

well, i don't really have anything else to say about LOST. it was disappointing

jts.png

Guest Mirezzi

At least you admit it. Most of these sad fuckers are still drinking the kool-aid!

At least you admit it. Most of these sad fuckers are still drinking the kool-aid!

You're always drinking the COOL-aid.....

OOOOH!

Shut up and make more films, stop talking about anything.... :emotawesomepm9:

love the graphs!! particularly the rage part. the color and style say it all. well done. moar please.

jts.png

lol. how does the mandlebrot correspond to the golden glow lake? :trashbear:

Guest Mirezzi

Shut up and make more films, stop talking about anything.... :emotawesomepm9:

No money. There's only Avatar and YouTube these days. There's nothing in the middle.

Television is getting ready to turn to shit, too. Everything is just dictated by the real time response of fans/idiots as they log onto Facebook to talk about their addiction. "OMG BEST EPISODE EVER, I LOVE THIS SHOW" etc. etc. etc.

I remember when X-Files producers decided to name a character after one of their biggest online internet enthusiasts. That was the death knell for television. These shows are so wildly popular that $$$ starts dictating the outcomes of storylines.

None of these American shows know how to bow out gracefully while on top because producers are too fucking greedy and the fans are too slavishly devoted to care one way or the other.

*last post*

how many things that run for a long time do end satisfyingly, though?

off the top of my head i can only think of the sopranos and six feet under

and six feet under was starting to drop the ball in the last season, so cut it

which probably made it most affecting ending ever for me

maaaan, i bawled my fuckin eyes out at it, it destroyed me.

i rewatched the last episode of the sopranos lately

it is incredible. the setup for the last scene - it is art.

best ending to any show ever. i cried like a 5 year old who watched their puppy get run over. i still fight it when i watch it again. sometimes that song comes on on shuffle and every once in a while :cry:

Guest Mirezzi

The UK Office. Why? It was short, sweet, and pitch-perfectly punctuated by the two part x-mas special. Then of course.......there's the fucking American one. It sucked right out of the gate, but it has gone on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on.....

Most television shows are horrible for the last few seasons as the flavor leaves the chewing gum.

The Sopranos was interesting because Season 5 was outstanding, but seriously, Season 6 was almost unwatchable.

best ending to any show ever. i cried like a 5 year old who watched their puppy get run over. i still fight it when i watch it again. sometimes that song comes on on shuffle and every once in a while :cry:

i was walking my son down to his school bus the morning after the repeat of the sopranos ending, and we got to talking about show endings. i teared up just talking about the end of six feet under. just thinking about it... :cry:

Sopranos ending is overrated imo....

The Walking Dead should be fun....

Breaking Bad is pretty fucking good...

at least Lost is ending and not going on forever, whether or not you like the ending or the show or whatever....

Archived