IGNORED

has watmm grown up or something

Guest IRARI

I wish the music and artists forums were more active

i wish those respective musicians were more active.

if aphex and boc drop something this year, this year should be magical, with also another autechre album and maybe something from Tom. The 10's feel better already

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This post has been made on every message board a couple of times a year since the mid 90's. It was much funnier in my day, I remember when all this was open fields, yada, yada, yada.

so has this one. :cisfor:

Guest abusivegeorge

i call eleminop my love muffin.

You are total thief that was my name for him first and you know it!

we can share, can't we? :spiteful:

Definetly, just for you my dear.

This post has been made on every message board a couple of times a year since the mid 90's. It was much funnier in my day, I remember when all this was open fields, yada, yada, yada.

does this make it untrue?

i think it means the youth are dropping the torch on a global scale. i think it means that we're devolving into sedentary youtube-watchin meat for cyborgs to eat. we've taught the interents how to lol and as soon as the internets gains consciousness it will collect and devour all the meat.

does this make it untrue?

i think it means the youth are dropping the torch on a global scale. i think it means that we're devolving into sedentary youtube-watchin meat for cyborgs to eat. we've taught the interents how to lol and as soon as the internets gains consciousness it will collect and devour all the meat.

internets exists independent of time and mines us for lols it will never destroy us we are too well equipped with lollerskates in a roflcopter flying over a lolcano bombs and swords and that idm is awesome

i didnt come here to watch tv so i cant be bothered to click on it. i'm sure it's funny though as monty python is indeed funny. but my point is, we've become a community of soulless videoclip jockeys, whether the substance being spread around is funny or not.

Is watmm supposed to be about comedy though? I'm only here for the music conversation, which is something important as any kind of quality conversation about IDM or experimental electronic music is very rare both in reality and on the internet, so watmm is really a great place because of this. If you just want comedy maybe check out SomethingAwful forums.

yeah but the music this forum celebrates is past its prime too, and i think as a result, alls we have is unemployed stoners just now discovering aphex in their underwear comprising the majority of new members signing up. back in 95, watmm had loads of sharp people on the forefront of the tip of the cutting edge, rippin lols left in right whilst listening to rdj album the day it was released. the world was changing and we dictated music AND lols for the entire internets back then.

now we are just the dregs. the sediment. lord only knows where the lols and the cutting edge went. i'm guess to the dubstep forums.

i didnt come here to watch tv so i cant be bothered to click on it. i'm sure it's funny though as monty python is indeed funny. but my point is, we've become a community of soulless videoclip jockeys, whether the substance being spread around is funny or not.

Is watmm supposed to be about comedy though? I'm only here for the music conversation, which is something important as any kind of quality conversation about IDM or experimental electronic music is very rare both in reality and on the internet, so watmm is really a great place because of this. If you just want comedy maybe check out SomethingAwful forums.

yeah but the music this forum celebrates is past its prime too, and i think as a result, alls we have is unemployed stoners just now discovering aphex in their underwear comprising the majority of new members signing up. back in 95, watmm had loads of sharp people on the forefront of the tip of the cutting edge, rippin lols left in right whilst listening to rdj album the day it was released. the world was changing and we dictated music AND lols for the entire internets back then.

now we are just the dregs. the sediment. lord only knows where the lols and the cutting edge went. i'm guess to the dubstep forums.

you're not the Fred McGriff i fell in throbbing gay love with

i still don't understand why you think comedy or 'lol's are the most important thing, are you saying watmm was intended to be a comedy site? :huh:

i still don't understand why you think comedy or 'lol's are the most important thing, are you saying watmm was intended to be a comedy site? :huh:

i'm not saying it's the most important thing, i'm just discussing the state of the lols and you're kind of arguing my point with your sobriety.

seriously to people even know how to read critically anymore? this is the kind of theing i'm talking about. i cant have an informed discussion with someone who doesn't know how to read critically.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

I think problem is more to do with the progressively everyday matter of fact nature of the internet in general with its always open mouth giving us all the entertainment we could possibly ever want with ease on the free's. By default the process is raising base line of constant expected enjoyment to the point where everyday its making people lazy, unexcited, homogeneous and boring by perspective.

I think problem is more to do with the progressively everyday matter of fact nature of the internet in general with its always open mouth giving us all the entertainment we could possibly ever want with ease on the free's. By default the process is raising base line of constant expected enjoyment to the point where everyday its making people lazy, unexcited, homogeneous and boring by perspective.

internets are comprised of individual lolgenerators, or "people," so as long as you stay with internets internets should stay with you

internets are comprised of individual lolgenerators, or "people," so as long as you stay with internets internets should stay with you

Im not really discussing lolgenerators, nor would I ever in a negative light, the ability to communicate with weirdo individuals on the net is not the problem. ------>Its the entire machine producing the availability of entertainment, news, information instantly that is killing man's sense of discovery, surprise and individuality in the end.

Im not really discussing lolgenerators, nor would I ever in a negative light, the ability to communicate with weirdo individuals on the net is not the problem. ------>Its the entire machine producing the availability of entertainment, news, information instantly that is killing man's sense of discovery, surprise and individuality in the end.

anyone who would believe something like that would have to be some sort of cockwrangler

Anyone wanna take bets on if there will be one more "watmm isn't what it used to be" thread before the years out? I wonder how many there are per year on average?

edit: to late :facepalm: lol

heh, yeah it wouldn't be watmm without the sweet smell of lament. Parallels the lives of the users. their dreams lying crushed and dying under the weight of years wasted in this dormitory for the damned.

-- ;-] :: E|-; --

lol I honestly believe thats true, I fucking love being able to download free dvd screeners before they come out, easily find out what that song is and download the album in less than 3 minutes, that I can download torrent games that would have given me a lethal boner 5 years ago, that I can practically learn anything I want on the internet FREE... It makes me wrangle my own cock with carnal appreciation....

or does it??

I was waaay more excited to see movies, find music, play video games, learn things back when it felt mildly organic and exclusive to even find out about them.

I could continue on but I wont, I think its pretty obvious that having anything you want so easily makes things less exciting

the base line grows higher and higher and our dicks grow smaller and smaller

Guest Dirty Protest

I do think its indicative of the internet as a whole, used to require a bit of patience and a bit of knowledge to get in here and with that usually brought people with some lateral intelligence. Now theyre giving plug and play broadband to any idiot that buys a phone/TV package and they immediately feel the need to give everyone their bullshit rhetoric on fucking everything. But then im probably just old and remembering what I want to.

Archived