IGNORED

Is this a Yank site?

AJW

Littlegod, please explain. I really dig watching Louis Theroux's 'Weird Weekends' about the adorable and very interesting escapades of the underbelly in USA. There is something comforting about the mid nineties in USA. Computers and internet was getting big, but still not big enough to fuck with peoples heads too much.

It was Bill Clinton and more carefree days sans crazy terroism + paranoia.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

ohhh noe's the watmm server is located in yankee doodle dandy ABORT SHIP

if only I would have known, I would have never put up with this fag fest, now if these were some premiere Korean nerdy boys I would continue but NO

LAST POST

grits are tolerable only if you add things to them

some suggestions: cheese, onions, ham, peppers, chili,

mushrooms, sausage, hot sauce, mustard, maple syrup

http://www.britishelectronicmusic.co.uk/smf/

Electronics & Music

Welcome topics include anything related or similar to the following: synthesizers, drum machines, mixers, amplifiers, vocoders, & tape recorders. FM, subtractive, & additive synthesis. Linear & digital circuits. Music theory & acoustics. Kraftwerk, YMO, Jean Michel Jarre, Delia Derbyshire, The RZA, Ceephax Acid Crew, & Derrick May. Enthusiasm, a desire to learn, politeness, & keeping ontopic are a must. No advertising. Safe & welcome to British Electronic Music! (All nationalities welcome, think of it as flying with British airways or something)

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

IN THE BEGINNING, 1992, Warp Records releases a compilation called Artificial Intelligence, which they use to promote their line up of artists.

Coil's Love Secret Domain is referred to as intelligent techno 2 years before Allen Perry starts his mailing list. The term was used somewhat in Britain and Europe to my understanding.

Also, Americans did not have the techno background that Europeans had, and to them techno was like CC Penniston. Most were probably more into industrial, aggro, etc. and had never heard any Phuture, Drexciya, Kevin Saunderson, etc. To them Aphex Twin and Autechre was more intelligent than anything else they'd heard.

So don't blame us, it is just kinda how it all went down.

You do know that Detroit is in the United States right?

Allan Parry started the term IDM. He was a british kid living in America. Delaware to be exact.He ran the mailing list from a University of Delaware computer server room. He was British. Not American.

Guest Calx Sherbet

from what I know of America, they eat fried lard chunks often affectionately called "chupchunks" and they do not believe in zippers.

what?

Guest narkeworld

So it IS a yank site

And I bet IDM is an American manufactured term aswell

tomayto tomartoe

If Alan M. Parry is british then Chunky just might look stupid. Alan M. Parry made up the term IDM, I think.

Archived