IGNORED

another maus one.

Guest maus

Guest Promo

The chords you've used in this track are pretty close if not the same as those used in an Earvalve track. Mmm not bad. I was expecting it to build more on its initial strength. Yeah it just never seemed too really lift off and enhance from its original strength. I mean its not bad but I think you can do better. Yeah its a little pedestrian is my thinking. You are right though the beats are very 'sticky' sounding. How did you u get that sticky effect - extreme wet slew distortion or something? All the notes and sounds are very Orbital like circa 'In Sides'. Listenable and not bad I guess but yeah I think you got lazy. More layers, variation and beat enhancement would take it to the next level but again not bad as is. By the way tut tut you should post more to get some more responses.

well thanks for the feedback. =)

this track is definitely a bit minimal and slow - kinda befitting the mood i was in when i wrote it. a bit melancholy.

the drums are a pretty basic loop which i ran through a pile of granular processing, then some spectral processing with really quick delay times... just to mash up the high frequencies a bit. then i sliced up the best parts and re-arranged them.

also definitely feel you on the in-sides-era melody line. i noticed that right off too... almost derivative, but the rest of the track is less orbitalesque, really...

very cool to hear your take on it though. maybe i'll make some enhancements. =)

cheers,

c

Guest Mrs Jynx

I really like the chords - remind me a little of Orbital - girl with the sun in her head - in the same way that the chords take a surprise turn in a way. I am really liking this track - the more it goes on. Lovely Lovely stuff.

:grin:

edit - hahahaha! i didn't read the previous comments purposely so i could come up with my own thoughts - then read the orbital reference - hehe

there is a cat avatar theme in this thread.

thanks for listening! yes i suppose the orbital influence is quite noticeable. when i first came up with that progression and the pad sound making it, i worried about BoC similarities. but when you listen to it with that square lead on top, it does become orbitalish. =)

rock on,

c

Meow meow...

Veeeery nice.... has an eerie Geogaddi-esque feel... but the sounds are really quite unique. Awesome squishy drum sounds. The vibe seems way more nicey and bright chirpy typically Maus after a while, but because of how it's set up it still feels like it has dark undertones all the way through. I like that. I dunno if it was intentional, but it's just got a really really cool atmosphere.

Criticism - It didn't get boring, but it does feel like it meandered more than reaching some kind of conclusion. I notice you often use a similar structure: build up, main section, changes into something really nice & usually the best part, then finish with the main section again. Sometimes it works... sometimes it doesn't... although it's lovely the way it is, I think it could've been better if you didn't just return to where it started at the end.

Guest wasps

peacefull niceness. as others have said, a touch derivative, but still a well produced track regardless. the orbital overtones are welcome and well placed. progresses well, full sound... aye.

Archived