IGNORED

Billy Corgan is dating Jessica Simpson

joshuatxuk

Guest margaret thatcher

mayonaise is one of my favourite songs ever. so good. they played it live when i saw them on valentines '08 with the (ex)gf.

how can you go from that to fucking zeitgeist. jesus.

amen. zeitgeist is one of the worst pieces of shit ive ever heard

tarantula had good music, but the lyrics were so fucking awful i can't bear to listen to it. the rest ofthe album is pure shit.

Guest margaret thatcher

the '08 gig i saw was a joke. they opened with an epic version of porcelina, which got everyone buzzed. then some garbage from zeitgeist like "come on let's go" or something, i dunno. everyone just stood there until they played "today", then moshed, then the pumpkins tried playing some "new material". which is when the booing started.

billy stormed off the stage after an hour, just after fucking up the chords on an acoustic version of 1979. what a fabulous valentines that was. good job i was drunk.

hmm thats strange

one of my friends went to...cant remember the name, but it was a multi-lineup festival with wu-tang etc etc

he said the pumpkins did a great set, but with him being relatively new to their output, i chad to correct him on how shitty it was....i didn't have to see it, it was horrible.

i almost want to say what made them great is that each one had something to bring to the band in the heydays, but billy tightened everything up and was obsessive enough to only churn out quality product. I never disliked an album up through Machina's I and II. but after that, i think his ego was his downfall, and he lost his traditional band setup...I really feel like it's never documented, but they had a lot more input than Billy or even themselves give credit for....perhaps they were unaware of it at the time...but you listen to the new stuff now, and its just not Smashing Pumpkins.

see, zwan was the beginning of the end for me....i heard about pajo and corgan and lenchantin combining to form a supergroup?? i shit myself, but what came out, even though its....ok.....i feel like billy had way too much control

they could have experimented in so many ways with that setup....sorta sad.

Same here. Machina's were ok but still good, and the way II was released was awesome. My friend loves their pre-break-up stuff, even has a tattoo of the SP heart logo.

Zwan is closer to the Smashing Pumpkins than current Smashing Pumpkins. Not to mention that bullshit where Corgan released Zeitgeist at Target, iTunes, and Best Buy, each with an exclusive track, so you bought (in theory) like 3 copies or some shit. So lame.

one thing billy gets right in any band he is in, is the female bass player. ALWAYS hot.

have there been others besides d'arcy and paz?

also here is a sexy picture of paz lenchantin:

Paz+Lenchantin.jpg

one thing billy gets right in any band he is in, is the female bass player. ALWAYS hot.

have there been others besides d'arcy and paz?

also here is a sexy picture of paz lenchantin:

melissa auf der maur

of that's right melissa auf der mar is way hot

Guest zaphod

i heard some radio interview with d'arcy recently. she's even more batshit insane than i suspected.

yeah, she just called in and started talking about random things. apparently she lives on a farm and likes silversun pickups, though it comes across that it's only band she's heard in awhile.

lol, she likes a smashing pumpkins tribute band

Archived