IGNORED

CHICAGO in february

Guest reyde_espana

Guest reyde_espana

if anybody wants to tour guide us for a day we would really appreciate it! :beer:

My mate Trevor said he can do it for £12. Get me? Get me though? Get me?

jajajajajajajajaja!!!!!

I get yyaaaaa,,........................

were offering a free meal....

maybe two... depending on how long the tour is...

and what u/he can get us... wink wink... :cisfor:

Guest Deep Fried Everything

cool shows in feb include four tet/nathan fake at the empty bottle (very small club) and nosaj thing at lincoln hall. both of those would definitely be worth checking out. what kinda musics you into?

stay away from Portillo's, Gino's, Giordano's and Pizza Uno unless you want to eat bland food with all the other tourists.

If you want a good italian beef, go to the original Al's Beef on Taylor Street. If you want real Chicago pizza, the best in the world, the only place to go is Palermo's on 63rd street, just east of Pulaski. If you want the best hot dog in Chicago, please don't go to Portillo's or Gold Coast. Go to Superdawg on Milwaukee and Devon.

As encey mentioned, there's lots of good restaurants where you can get a good meal that doesn't come with a side of fries. But, Zaggats can probably recommend those.

The best Mexican food can be found at any number of restaurants in Pilsen or along 26th Street. These neighborhoods can get a little rough, so go during the day.

Finally, you probably don't want to miss a Pastrami sandwich from Manny's just off Roosevelt Road. It will cost you $11, but you won't be sorry.

also, everyone thinks that the best Italian food in Chicago can be found on Taylor street. They're pretty damned close to being right but not quite. There are some fabulous restaurants there.

But there's a hidden gem in the city that most people don't know about. One block east of Western between 26th Street and 22nd street, there is a small enclave of Italian restaurants, each one is fantastic.

restaurant reviews sites are useless. For one, a lot of people don't know quality when they taste it. Some people just want good value for their dollar .Ive been burned by reviews and recommendations. The best thing is to find out how much work and effort a restaurant puts into their food. Do they order everything from syco or do they source locally? How much do they give a shit? Is it just a place where college stoners are cooking your food or is the chef back there. Oh, don't go to Ammicci's in baltimore

Guest reyde_espana

Reyde, I take it I shouldn't expect a collab with you?

:(

sorrryyy i hadnt read your post...

yyyeessss... i would love that... :pedobear:

Guest reyde_espana

cool shows in feb include four tet/nathan fake at the empty bottle (very small club) and nosaj thing at lincoln hall. both of those would definitely be worth checking out. what kinda musics you into?

im into lots of stuff.....

classical... im thinking about going to listen to some Stranvinsky

would love to take in some jazz... something wild though

four tet sounds cool... didnt like his last release but still... bets its fun show... and we'd like to dance some

i really wanna listen to some good electronic stuff... dont know what though... would like to see some good locals. but i dont wanna step in to a disco tech :facepalm:

i think were going for restaurant week... i should post a list of all the great destinations you all have suggested...

Guest reyde_espana

Sorry dude, '!=' means 'does not equal'.

Maybe I'm just too much of a shut in.

JAJAJAJAjajajaja!!!!

ok thennn... i wouldve thought it was a good electronic music city...

you going to see four tet?

Archived