IGNORED

Music Recommendations

Guest southside jim

Guest southside jim

I tried to do a search to see if there was a similar thread, but i couldn't find any...forgive me if one does indeed exist.

I figure we can all help each other out with recommendations of artists we'd like to get into...like, say for example I wanted to get learn of some Beck songs, or whatever, another watmm'r could list their favorite songs from that artist, and then they could list and artist they'd like to get into and the cycle would repeat.

Guest southside jim

I am having a hard time understanding what your suggesting but think what your saying is a good idea.

Lets say you wanted to get into the smiths, I would list songs from the smiths that i liked such as:

-Sheila take a bow

-Stop me if you've heard this one before

-There is a light that never goes out

Then, I might request some good songs from, lets say, Beck.

Then someone who likes beck would list their favorites, and the cycle would repeat.

I don't know, I figured it could help a lot of us discover some new music and help each other out.

Guest futuregirlfriend

I'd say give Nathan Michel's "The Beast" album a listen. It might not be exactly what you're after, but I can hear the Jim O'Rourke influence and since you're here I doubt you'll find the other aspects of his music hard to stomach. One of my favourite albums.

Might as well mention that when I was after more stuff like O'Rourke a few years ago I was recommended John Fahey. He's all guitar, but he's a fantastic composer and it's always worth giving a few albums a listen.

Looking for some recommendations in the broken-beat genre, stuff along the lines of dj rels (madlib) - theme for a broken soul and jazzanova/sonar kollectiv (though not as cheesy as jazzanova). I read on the discogs page for 4hero:

The genre "Broken Beat", it could be argued, was virtually created off the back of their album "Two Pages".

is this a good place to start?

Archived