IGNORED

Renting an apartment.

Guest FortyTwo

Make sure none of them are vegetarians.

Fuck that, make sure all of them are vegetarians, then have regular cook-outs with copious amounts of dead animal flesh all over the place.

Also find out if any of them secretly listen to Lady Gaga. if they do, you'll probably not want to move in with them, unless you enjoy anal rape.

Guest Coalbucket PI

I don't know why everyone is being such a fag, living with your friends is great. Instead of all this 'make a cleaning rota' and 'watch out for girlfriend stealing your hot water' I think you just need to communicate properly with your friends from the start and not get your panties in a twist over stupid shit like a little bit of mess or someone leaving the light on. Most of the problems that come with living with friends is when people start bottling up their little grievances and being all passive aggressive at each other.

The real issue with taking out a rent for the first time is you have to commit to being there for the length of the contract and staying employed, if that isn't a problem and you think you can be open and cordial with your cohabitants then it will be cool. Have a look at utility bills, council tax, rent, make sure everyone is good for it first. I had a good experience with this company https://www.utilitywarehouse.co.uk for a few bills.

Guest hahathhat

- money problems can make any good living situation tense

- i think people need personal space that's theirs. i certainly do. it's best for everyone to have their own room with closable doors, feng shui, a place to get away from the lunacy and cool off if necessary... otherwise it gets bottled up and eventually goes pop. people need to be able to retreat to their corners, or what would be a tense moment + an apology later can turn into a blowup, a falling out.

- make sure everyone agrees on policies regarding substance use, food, and laundry.

- get a sense of the landlord. some are involved and hands-on, which is good if you want a bright, clean, maintained place. other landlords don't do anything except take your check, which is good if you're the sort of tenant that puts the occasional hole in the wall.....

Guest ezkerraldean

I don't know why everyone is being such a fag, living with your friends is great. Instead of all this 'make a cleaning rota' and 'watch out for girlfriend stealing your hot water' I think you just need to communicate properly with your friends from the start and not get your panties in a twist over stupid shit like a little bit of mess or someone leaving the light on. Most of the problems that come with living with friends is when people start bottling up their little grievances and being all passive aggressive at each other.

The real issue with taking out a rent for the first time is you have to commit to being there for the length of the contract and staying employed, if that isn't a problem and you think you can be open and cordial with your cohabitants then it will be cool. Have a look at utility bills, council tax, rent, make sure everyone is good for it first. I had a good experience with this company https://www.utilitywarehouse.co.uk for a few bills.

this

as long as you don't move in with a bunch of cunts then there's no problem ja?. has worked fine for me for 4 years

I've lived a few of my friends now and then over the years with no problems, apart from when one left the back door unlocked only for us to get burgled. So make sure you get insurance, which we didn't have at the time like daft cunts.

Archived