IGNORED

GlitchArt

Guest Fishtank

Guest Fishtank

um well the camera is bent on the top near the shutter

I don't know exactly what happend to it as it was given to me for nothing

I would guess try throwing it around or drop it from a small ledge

thumbs up.

is there a way to get a camera to do this on purpose? i have an old digital camera that i don't use

there are a lot of methods to do it on your computer after the image has been taken. some methods wield a lot of repetitive results but running an image through a wav editor and applying cheap affects always produces some fun stuff. i still haven't found a way to get something as abstract as what was posted. pee on your camera?

bitmap run through notepad.

7_20090224181729building.jpg

Guest ezkerraldean

remind me of the Second Bad Vilbel video...

made tonnes of glitch noise (?) simply by dragging random 100mb game files into Audacity. keep at it and you'll find a few that sound awesome.

thumbs up.

is there a way to get a camera to do this on purpose? i have an old digital camera that i don't use

there are a lot of methods to do it on your computer after the image has been taken. some methods wield a lot of repetitive results but running an image through a wav editor and applying cheap affects always produces some fun stuff.

does this only work with raw image files like bitmap?

uncompressed formats are your best bet. bitmap, photoshop raw (probably the best) and i believe tiffs are always a good option. jpgs are horrible for it. really, you're just looking for an image format that doesn't contain a header in the code; anything that tells the computer 'this is a jpg' because if that intro portion gets screwed up then there's no way of seeing any results. this guy outlines a lot of tricks - http://www.animalswithinanimals.com/bent/ . i would like to find a better method, something more out of my control and less forced.

..\bm.exe picturename.bmp -x jpg -u 100 -r 20 -t 1 -s 10240 -v

not mine but a working .bat file for creating some work.

• 1 month later...

Archived