IGNORED

Stephen Fry

Guest Gary C

Stephen Fry?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What's your opinion of Stephen Fry?

• Dislike
    • Indifferent

stephen-fry1.jpg

Yes, it's true, he has some good stead in modern British culture (Blackadder, Jeeves, QI), but has the new messiah that is Stephen Fry become overexposed? A couple of years ago I was somewhere between Indifferent and Like. I respected his opinion, enthusiasm and his personal backstory was intriguing.

I can't pin-point, but in recent months he seems to have become an angrier, more arrogant, figure and I've actually begun to dislike him. I resent the opinion that he's become the font of knowledge for British culture and that for some reason his opinion is worthy of mass distribution.

Fuck Twitter too.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i like him. hes like the posh uncle who did well for himself but slums it at xmas and comes to visit.

his opinion on twitter or iPad is of no interest to me though

Guest Masonic Boom

One thing I do like about him is that I no longer have to explain what Bipolar Disorder is any more, and also that people don't necessarily hear those words and think "argh axe murderer" any more.

Also - Jeeves & Wooster. Classic.

Guest 277: 930-933

I like him alot.

Don't care about reading his twitter account or anything though and there's a chance that if I were British that I wouldn't actually like him.

his taekwondo is unrivalled, his fashion sense - provocative, his gait oozes triumph, his beard - non existent, his eyes are like children.... and so on

Guest Coalbucket PI

I like him but fuck he's like a cult leader or something now, loads of fucking idiots think he's the cleverest man alive because he hosts a pub quiz. I really liked his tv shows about aids and bipolar disorder, liked him in V for Vendetta too. I don't know anything about twitter or his opinions about most things but thats pretty much the problem with twitter, I don't care to know the kind of information it encourages people to reveal.

they recently aired a show here called Stephen Fry's America or something, where he toured every state of america

i liked the show

you got to thank him for showing the beauty of america for a change

and i didn't spot any annoying characteristics with him, disregarding his britishness :emotawesomepm9:

other than that, i don't know much about him, i've only seen him in Blackadder and V for Vendetta (god what a shitmovie)

Guest Dirty Protest

He hugely intelligent, charming, witty and completely unpretentious, whats not to like?

BTW I dont use twitter so I dont know what he had for breakfast

Unfortunately he's at least partly responsible for making cunts with coke habits think that they have a disease called Bipolar Disorder when in fact they're just cunts. Other than that he's alright.

Guest placidburp

WTF???? I LIEK STEVEN FRI BECAUSE HE IS A SPKESPRESON FOR US BIPLORAR PLOPLE!!! SO FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Actually, I'd forgotten about that documentary series on America. I'd even buy that on DVD now.

I think it may be more of a decision by the media than Fry himself to have become such a large figure. He did try to delete his Twitter recently, so maybe he's fully aware of how his thoughts are being used, and simply decided to continue for the legitimate population of fans out there.

I like Stephen Fry, certainly one of the most worthy people in the country, if not the world. He follows me on Twitter, which is pretty cool. Also, could we level down on the Bipolar hate/trollage, please?

Guest placidburp

Actually, I'd forgotten about that documentary series on America. I'd even buy that on DVD now.

I think it may be more of a decision by the media than Fry himself to have become such a large figure. He did try to delete his Twitter recently, so maybe he's fully aware of how his thoughts are being used, and simply decided to continue for the legitimate population of fans out there.

I HAET AFX TWINS COS HE IS TOO POLPULAR!!! I DUN LIEK BREAD COZ SOME GUY I DUN LIKE EATS IT!!!!

Guest El_Chemso

I loves Harry Potter and am currently listening to the audio books an stephen fry reads them and its very good so thumbs up for me. He's also funny on QI.

Unfortunately he's at least partly responsible for making cunts with coke habits think that they have a disease called Bipolar Disorder when in fact they're just cunts. Other than that he's alright.

I like Stephen Fry, certainly one of the most worthy people in the country, if not the world. He follows me on Twitter, which is pretty cool. Also, could we level down on the Bipolar hate/trollage, please?

I'm guessing that was directed at me. Read it again. I wasn't calling people with bipolar disorder cunts. (Although they often are, the two things are hardly mutually exclusive.) I was referring to the tendency for coked up twats legtimising there twattishness through labelling themselves 'bipolar', rather than seeing their wildly oscillating mood swings as simply a product of a drug habit. London is full of the cunts.

I HAET AFX TWINS COS HE IS TOO POLPULAR!!! I DUN LIEK BREAD COZ SOME GUY I DUN LIKE EATS IT!!!!

It's not really that I resent how famous he is, it's not like I cared who he was before he became popular again about 5 years ago. I was just wondering whether the saturation-point had been reached yet.

Guest placidburp

It's not really that I resent how famous he is, it's not like I cared who he was before he became popular again about 5 years ago. I was just wondering whether the saturation-point had been reached yet.

Yeah, I was just kinda joking really. I love Stephen Fry. I fucking lol at QI every week, and am fascinated with his documentaries (especially the 'The Secret Life of the Manic Depressive'). I love how intelligent the guy his yet does everything that normal people do, like twitter.

The fact that he is mega popular doesn't bother me at all. I'm happy the guy is on TV and entertains me. And I totally would....if I were gay....

Archived