IGNORED

H.P. Sneakstep's Educational Tours

sneaksta303

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Lube Saibot

Involuntary extraction is fucking OSSOM. :yeah: Makin' rays, though very catchy, i feel is not well complemented by the 808 drumming. I get the intentional stylistic confinement to Roland TR-line drum machine sounds but still... :trashbear:

I'm very pleased with the release. Me and my mates got pissed to these tracks tonight, and somehow that made it better.

lol that's fucking awesome! But you mean EVEN better.....

Yes of course how silly of me. EVEN better.

What equipment did you use for Involuntary Extraction, if you dont mind me asking? OR would that ruin the magic?

I'm very pleased with the release. Me and my mates got pissed to these tracks tonight, and somehow that made it better.

What equipment did you use for Involuntary Extraction, if you dont mind me asking? OR would that ruin the magic?

what sounds specifically? I'm using live as a DAW now, after using only reason for the past forever. i'm a thick headed bastard for not trying something new AGES ago. Music is funner than it has been in a while and that is by far the most important part of it all really. Involuntary extraction was entirely in the box tho. no outboard equipment if that's what you mean. my computer is not so great though (ok it's worse than that i gotz 512 ram ffs) so i can't use a lot of plugs, and the song ur talkin bout was only 5 tracks in live. this whole ep is pretty simple shit. i'm just getting my feet wet with this new program, and the majority of the features haven't even been looked at yet so we'll see what happens. magic lol.

1: the chords! fucking ace, works all the way through, and the beat that kicks off @ 02:08, and the bassline, im in love with this one.

2: the bassline, the bonkers state it goes into at around 1:13 and 2:44, and the little story that went with it in the ylc thread. nice little arpeggio pad or whatever in the outro aswell.

3: the overall mood here. the small background details makes it sound very scifi, lovely. 'specially while imagining the tiny ass scientist in his little transport ship hovering about and "exploring his target's most inner sanctum".

4: this one kinda reminds me of a chiptune for some reason, or "bitpop" as the kids call it these days, even though it doesn't really contain any chiptune elements, it might be the bassline that causes it, also, the lead sounds a bit arpeggio'd (is that even a word?) every now and then. im not saying this is a bad thing, just a casual observation! i could sit here and nod my head to that 02:49 break all night.

seriously, im really trying to come up with some type of constructive criticism, really! but i've got nothing but praise for this one. good on ya mate. :beer:

what sounds specifically? I'm using live as a DAW now, after using only reason for the past forever. i'm a thick headed bastard for not trying something new AGES ago. Music is funner than it has been in a while and that is by far the most important part of it all really. Involuntary extraction was entirely in the box tho. no outboard equipment if that's what you mean. my computer is not so great though (ok it's worse than that i gotz 512 ram ffs) so i can't use a lot of plugs, and the song ur talkin bout was only 5 tracks in live. this whole ep is pretty simple shit. i'm just getting my feet wet with this new program, and the majority of the features haven't even been looked at yet so we'll see what happens. magic lol.

Thats fucking impressive.

• 2 weeks later...

1: the chords! fucking ace, works all the way through, and the beat that kicks off @ 02:08, and the bassline, im in love with this one.

2: the bassline, the bonkers state it goes into at around 1:13 and 2:44, and the little story that went with it in the ylc thread. nice little arpeggio pad or whatever in the outro aswell.

3: the overall mood here. the small background details makes it sound very scifi, lovely. 'specially while imagining the tiny ass scientist in his little transport ship hovering about and "exploring his target's most inner sanctum".

4: this one kinda reminds me of a chiptune for some reason, or "bitpop" as the kids call it these days, even though it doesn't really contain any chiptune elements, it might be the bassline that causes it, also, the lead sounds a bit arpeggio'd (is that even a word?) every now and then. im not saying this is a bad thing, just a casual observation! i could sit here and nod my head to that 02:49 break all night.

seriously, im really trying to come up with some type of constructive criticism, really! but i've got nothing but praise for this one. good on ya mate. :beer:

just saw this man, thanks do0d.

sorry for the bump, I've been offline for ages.

Archived