IGNORED

stolen generative sequencer patches

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah well i'd be ashamed if i released a track 'generated' by this patch, the only thing this is useful for is for deconstructing it and learning more about max. it's not like your using someone else's vst, it's like your using someone else's track 'template'.

I think, overall, this sort of leak could have a really positive impact on amateur Max/Msp users. I remember when I first got into HTML, everything I did involved cutting up and rearranging existing code that I found on different websites. Without that, I wouldn't have learned as quickly, nor been as excited about it.

Starting off with a custom Autechre-made patch is a kickass way to start a crash course in generative music...

Nothing wrong with being as inspired by the software as you are with the music itself.

yeah i agree partly. because i know i'd be pretty annoyed, if someone stole my patches. just the stealing part is fucked up. we're not talking leaking software from a company like microsoft, this is way more personal..

yeah i agree partly. because i know i'd be pretty annoyed, if someone stole my patches. just the stealing part is fucked up. we're not talking leaking software from a company like microsoft, this is way more personal..

Autechre leaked the EP7 patch themselves, they also did not tell the maxmsp teacher NOT to give out the confield patch. He put on his usb thumb drive, then told the class to copy his usb thumb drive. My suspicion is that they were intended for release of some kind. Just look at the gui and how everything is locked, do you think autechre would do that to a patch if they only intended it for themselves exclusively?

yeah i don't know, it's kind of a grey area huh? but why do you figure they banned you from That Other Site™ then?

i don't know, why do you suspect i did? I've heard rumours that autechre is somehow involved with the site, them directly intervening is not an impossible scenario.. but i have a feeling that the webmasters figured out "fluorescent grey" was involved and got pissed. ever since the autechre hoax the moderators at That Other Site™ have put me on their shit list.

That Other Site™ is fags, that's why you got banned.

That Other Site™ is fags

watmm is little kiddo's and circle jerks

though both xlt and watmm have their exceptional members

yeah, that is true, but watmm has a higher percentage of exceptional peeps.

not in my oppinion

-the reason why my postcount is higher on XLT than WATMM

yeah i don't know, it's kind of a grey area huh? but why do you figure they banned you from That Other Site™ then?

i don't know, why do you suspect i did? I've heard rumours that autechre is somehow involved with the site, them directly intervening is not an impossible scenario.. but i have a feeling that the webmasters figured out "fluorescent grey" was involved and got pissed. ever since the autechre hoax the moderators at That Other Site™ have put me on their shit list.

so what was that whole thread in general banter about then?

fleetmouse always has good points! i was mainly talking about the other folks.

Awwww! :embrassed:

my impression is this:

if autechre didn't want these to leak they wouldn't have given the EP7 patch to the russian website & sean booth wouldn't have given it out to a maxmsp programmer.

OK, the thread title "stolen generative patches" persuaded me otherwise.

BTW, in your Reaktor chichlizer version, you're borrowing some classic Martin Brinkmann code... did he also do the "experim seq" sequencer? There's no name on it and I can't find it in the NI library. It's quite interesting.

If you want to appreciate, listen to the music, if you want to understand learn how to program.

thanks for telling me the rules! (writing them down)

np that's what I'm here for.

:flower:

BTW, in your Reaktor chichlizer version, you're borrowing some classic Martin Brinkmann code... did he also do the "experim seq" sequencer? There's no name on it and I can't find it in the NI library. It's quite interesting.

Yes i am borrowing lots of martin brinkmann code because i am using a lot of the Reaktor 3 building basic instrument patches in the chichlisuite patch.

from what i understand he designed most of the Reaktor 3 example patches.

The "experim seq" comes with reaktor 3 along with the "Simple sequencer". I did some very slight modfication of it to be automated, but otherwise it operates the same. Did you check out any of the basic components or just the ENS file? In my opinion Reaktor 3 still has the best library of patches. Reaktor 4 and 5 just dont cut in terms of the variety and size of the library included on the cd. I just bought myself a reaktor 3 dongle so i can load all of them into 4 and 5.

Trent Reznor releases his tracks in garageband format for people to remix. Autechre have leaked patches that people use to generate extended versions of songs they've already made. funny shit

Yes i am borrowing lots of martin brinkmann code because i am using a lot of the Reaktor 3 building basic instrument patches in the chichlisuite patch.

The "experim seq" comes with reaktor 3 along with the "Simple sequencer". I did some very slight modfication of it to be automated, but otherwise it operates the same. Did you check out any of the basic components or just the ENS file? In my opinion Reaktor 3 still has the best library of patches. Reaktor 4 and 5 just dont cut in terms of the variety and size of the library included on the cd. I just bought myself a reaktor 3 dongle so i can load all of them into 4 and 5.

The problem with those old instruments is most of them use the fucking multiplex sequencers instead of tables, or even better the new snap value arrays. Snap value arrays are ace - makes it so easy to save, copy and modify long complicated sequences.

Yeah I dug down and noticed that he's using sync pulse and frequency dividers instead of one clock and modulo with various values. Was there no modulo in R3?

There's a radical simplicity to many R3 instruments that is refreshing compared to the factory library that comes with R5. Most of those are overly complex in a shit way - they're too polished. I think they're marketing those more to people who don't build themselves. But there's still plenty of awesome creativity in the user library. Ironically that often comes from people remixing / rethinking Brinkmann classics!

The problem with those old instruments is most of them use the fucking multiplex sequencers instead of tables, or even better the new snap value arrays. Snap value arrays are ace - makes it so easy to save, copy and modify long complicated sequences.

Yeah I dug down and noticed that he's using sync pulse and frequency dividers instead of one clock and modulo with various values. Was there no modulo in R3?

There's a radical simplicity to many R3 instruments that is refreshing compared to the factory library that comes with R5. Most of those are overly complex in a shit way - they're too polished. I think they're marketing those more to people who don't build themselves. But there's still plenty of awesome creativity in the user library. Ironically that often comes from people remixing / rethinking Brinkmann classics!

i admit that those old sequencers are sometimes a pain, but i do prefer them over the new overly complex uneditable stuff. I havent even bothered with the factory included patches on R5, i only get stuff from the user library. Thats where most of the good stuff seems to be. Im pretty sure R3 had a modulo also.

I had a question for you, do you have any idea if the "Sync clock" module can be modified using some sort of panel object like a knob? The sync clock rate settings is contained in wierd menu inside the module, and it appears that it cannot be modified with an outside source. IF i was able to multiple and divide this rate with some sort of automation, i could make much cooler and more efficient autechre-like patches. Right now im using the experimental sequecner because it has a clock multiplier and divider knobn for 16th, 32nd, and triplets.

I had a question for you, do you have any idea if the "Sync clock" module can be modified using some sort of panel object like a knob? The sync clock rate settings is contained in wierd menu inside the module, and it appears that it cannot be modified with an outside source. IF i was able to multiple and divide this rate with some sort of automation, i could make much cooler and more efficient autechre-like patches. Right now im using the experimental sequecner because it has a clock multiplier and divider knobn for 16th, 32nd, and triplets.

Why use a sync clock? Use a 1/96 clock and a frequency divider.

im not as reaktor savvy as you :-( ....ive never made a sequencer from scratch before. Do i just replace the sync clock with that module and a divider?

im not as reaktor savvy as you :-( ....ive never made a sequencer from scratch before. Do i just replace the sync clock with that module and a divider?

Here's a stupid-simple ens I'm planning to upload to the user library with a little tutorial:

link

That shows the most basic use of a clock / frequency divider.

I'm working on a simple sequencer demo too. To scan across a table of values it's much better to use a song position clock and a modulo. Anyhoo.

edit: oh yeah, you have to run the clock for this to work. Hit ye olde spacebar.

edit: oh yeah, you have to run the clock for this to work. Hit ye olde spacebar.

checking it out right now, thanks!

on a side note.. did you check out my knob draw patch? I was wondering if you knew how to "quanitize" that so it can act as a 16, 8, or 32 step sequencer.

edit: i still have reaktor 4, but ill bite the bullet just to open your patch and install Reaktor 5 :wink:

on a side note.. did you check out my knob draw patch? I was wondering if you knew how to "quanitize" that so it can act as a 16, 8, or 32 step sequencer.

edit: i still have reaktor 4, but ill bite the bullet just to open your patch and install Reaktor 5 :wink:

I'd just plain old switch to R5 permanently if I were you. The new mouse area module and snap value array alone make it worthwhile.

Got a link to your knob draw thing? I think I remember it but can't find it on my hd.

I'd just plain old switch to R5 permanently if I were you. The new mouse area module and snap value array alone make it worthwhile.

Got a link to your knob draw thing? I think I remember it but can't find it on my hd.

http://www.recordlabelrecords.org/Research...20draw%20CC.ism

also check here for other misc stuff ive made - http://www.recordlabelrecords.org/Research/

i should switch to 5 you're right

Easy. Increment a counter and use that to drive your pointer through the table, and reset it to zero every n sixteenth notes or quarter notes or whatever. Make it reset to zero when you reset the clock and it'll run in synch with other sequencers or a host. Or if you want to be really lazy hard-set the table length to a sensible multiple of the clock.

I'm thinking of starting a tutorial blog to cover basic things like this...

Easy. Increment a counter and use that to drive your pointer through the table, and reset it to zero every n sixteenth notes or quarter notes or whatever. Make it reset to zero when you reset the clock and it'll run in synch with other sequencers or a host. Or if you want to be really lazy hard-set the table length to a sensible multiple of the clock.

I'm thinking of starting a tutorial blog to cover basic things like this...

tutorials would be excellent!

Archived