IGNORED

stolen generative sequencer patches

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Holy shit, this is dope

It's like a randomly generated version of Liccflii every time

:wink2:

hopefully by tonight i will have more simplified easy to understand Reaktor versions up there. with those you can make your own music out of them without feeling guilty and uncreative as fuck

The Confield one is really cool too, although I can't seem to see anything

It's generating a sweet track though

AE should make a release out of these, packaged with the necessary generative software.

Stupid fucking narrow-minded record companies.

AE should make a release out of these, packaged with the necessary generative software.

I totally agree, this would be a great idea and if anyone did it first, I would expect it to be ae

a great deal of Ep7 seems to have been based off of that first patch. unfortunately no software came with it :(

definitly a great idea though, i thought of a similar concept but the album would be a one of a kind unique jam session for every copy.

I'm messing around with the Confield patch right now and it's very fun

Soooo much math, this is the craziest patch I've ever seen

I totally agree, this would be a great idea and if anyone did it first, I would expect it to be ae
Eno tried it with the Koan (sp?) program a while back, though it wasn't anything nearly this complex, as far as I can tell.

I made a thread along the lines of this a long time ago...seems as if the AE boys have done it.

Guest greenbank

i heard one of these a while back and it was not very good, fm type sounds that were at most vaguely reminiscent of autechre, i'll check these guys later tho' and see if they're better. generative music is interesting but intrinsically shite. proper music is words, sentences and stories (however boringly mundane or abstract, wild and silly they may be), generative is gibberish with at best some jumbled phrases, no coherent sentence structure and certainly no story.

i heard one of these a while back and it was not very good, fm type sounds that were at most vaguely reminiscent of autechre, i'll check these guys later tho' and see if they're better. generative music is interesting but intrinsically shite. proper music is words, sentences and stories (however boringly mundane or abstract, wild and silly they may be), generative is gibberish with at best some jumbled phrases, no coherent sentence structure and certainly not story.

fixt

Guest dugbert
i heard one of these a while back and it was not very good, fm type sounds that were at most vaguely reminiscent of autechre, i'll check these guys later tho' and see if they're better. generative music is interesting but intrinsically shite. proper music is words, sentences and stories (however boringly mundane or abstract, wild and silly they may be), generative is gibberish with at best some jumbled phrases, no coherent sentence structure and certainly no story.

i find emergent sounds to be really beautiful or chilling, like in Reniform Puls

i love that shit.

i love the anticipation of waiting for the pattern to evolve into this one part or sound i really like

that's a good story to me

Guest art school faggot

fake or not, i have to admire the patches. a couple of them are pretty intense. after trying to teach myself max for about two months now, i can appreciate the work put into them.

Guest greenbank
i find emergent sounds to be really beautiful or chilling, like in Reniform Puls

i love that shit.

i love the anticipation of waiting for the pattern to evolve into this one part or sound i really like

who says reniform puls is generative? and wouldn't you rather someone had crafted that part for that reason? or some other reason?

Guest art school faggot

i love that shit.

who says reniform puls is generative? and wouldn't you rather someone had crafted that part for that reason? or some other reason?

does it matter? does it sound worse if it's generative?

i love that shit.

does it matter? does it sound worse if it's generative?

David Koepe a professor at UC santa cruz tricked a classical concert reviewer into thinking one of his algorithmically generated midi scores was an unreleased work of Mozart.

Once this reviewer found out that the "mozart" work he gushed/praised over was fake, he wrote a followup article tearing it to pieces.

some people find the process more important than the product.

damn ... this really makes me wish that i knew something about making music. is there a program other than max/msp that i can run this in?

fruityloops

Guest greenbank

i think that autechres weakest work is confield and it's also the one that sounds most generative. i'd rather the sounds were made for a reason but yeah in the end its the music that counts but i maintain that i have never enjoyed a piece of generative music. [edit] RE: generative trickery - reviewers are all arseholes who don't know shit.

i love that shit.

i think i remember that in some interview, ae they said that reniform puls had some generative stuff going on.

Archived