IGNORED

stolen generative sequencer patches

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i've been going to a friends computer music class at UCSD where they primarily use puredata as their music program (it's somewhat like maxMSP so i kinda understand whats going on in those diagrams)

even if it's not autechre it's still really impressive stuff, imma show it to the professor and see what he says

Guest Iain C
Here's the 13 minute version of the EP7 based-track (the only thing I tweaked was the last 1:30 minute to give it some sort of conclusion) for those without max/msp

http://website.lineone.net/~mcbpete/ae_patch.mp3

Interesting enough but not very exciting at all musically I don't think. But then I've never been a massive fan of Autechre's more abstract stuff. I still reckon these patches are another big exciting scam from Awepittance though.

Here's the 13 minute version of the EP7 based-track (the only thing I tweaked was the last 1:30 minute to give it some sort of conclusion) for those without max/msp

you didn't tweak anything for the first 11.5 minutes? whoa :confused:

you beat me, i was just uploading a 40 minute raw output

(check in 20 minutes from now for full file)

40minuep7

even if it's not autechre it's still really impressive stuff, imma show it to the professor and see what he says

let me know what he says if you end up showing it to him. I showed both of these patches to a maxmsp teacher at UC berkeley and his response was

"These patches look complex but they are really just smoke and mirrors, autechre is good at knowing which smoke and which mirrors to use"

im in the process of writing a small description of whats going on in both patches. it should be up on rlr shortly.

Guest bowen

i've got my max/msp advance synthesis lecture tommorow i'll show it to my lecturer and the couple of guys in class see what they think.

they problem with this is its hard to understand anyone else max/msp patch (or even code) if they havn't meant it for someone else to see/understand.

When coding my patches all my subpatches have code names that mean something to me but not to anyone else.

Messy patchcords also make something look more complex then it actually is. a lot of the aefun patch are mathmatical operators that appear more challenging then they are - lots of *~32 etc.

I'm not saying these patches are simple, its just its hard to read someones elses logic if they havn't meant someone else to read it.

congratulations if this is a hoax it was done well.

well, I've made some fucked up sounds by just moving around some connections and shit, so I'm glad you posted it. Major thanks.

I still doubt it's real, though.

Guest asjbfoo

I'm sure someone else here besides me has got to remember seeing a slightly differnt version of the ep7 patch on a Russian max/msp site. I tried getting it (the russian one) running on a computer in the music building of my university, but it just crashed the computer. :laughing:

cool stuff, thanks!

try layering two or three EP7 patches on top of each other.

celatid or anybody post your modifications of the patch up here, i'd love to hear em

I'm not done with mine, but I've made some wierd stuff with this.

that's bloody good. i like it more than most of ep7 tbh

Archived