IGNORED

A small MP3 player for working out

Guest -Ad-

Since December I've started running long distances, and in the past few weeks I've realised that having music makes a huge difference to how easy it is to keep going on the treadmill. Upto now, I've just been using my iPhone for music, but this is not great and definitely no good for running outside as my shorts have no pockets. So I need a small MP3 player that I can clip on somehow. Thing is, I really don't want a shuffle because I want to be able to listen to a whole album/ mix, not have my MP3s jumping backwards and forwards the whole time. DnB compilations are awesome for running.

WATMM knows the answer; there must be an alternative to the shuffle that allows me to play a whole album straight. No amount of Googling seems to get me an answer. Help an African American out.

Guest Franklin

I'm pretty sure you can turn the "shuffle" feature on or OFF on the shuffle. My wife has one and it can play in the order you set it in.

Cheers dudes. I just bought a Sansa clip.

Also, had no idea you could turn the shuffle option off on an iPod shuffle. Even with that though, how do you choose an album on it? I am dumbs. :facepalm:

Cheers dudes. I just bought a Sansa clip.

Also, had no idea you could turn the shuffle option off on an iPod shuffle. Even with that though, how do you choose an album on it? I am dumbs. :facepalm:

you have to keep skipping forward until you hit the beginning of the album you're looking for. it's a little tiring.

If you reverse the terminals on in the battery chamber and reboot the mainframe bridge numbered 4 (don't do number 2 or 5 like all the noobs as you might brick) then hold the anti-skate lever until you hear the data-path switch, a cohesive list of button combo's will print from the built in spectrum display that will project on to a wall from the headphone out; these button combos adhere to the album, sadly not artist though. You can scroll via the volume buttons.

An example might be:

Ultavisitor - up down left left up

Guest JW Modestburns

i have a few extra i bought from woot, 1-2gig sansas. They seem to work fairly well.

I used to buy them for $7-15 a piece and then sell em for 3 times as much on craigslist. Now that I have this sideburns gig going, I no longer have the time for such trivial pursuits.

Guest Otto Krat

Sansas are great but mine suddenly broke with no reason at all one day I was on my boat.

No water or anything, and it dind't fell off. May be it was just because I was listenning to wAgAwAgA.

So I had to get back to ipod. :facepalm:

A 2gb mp3 player for £25 is good even if it only lasts for like a year. At that price, it's easily replaced, and I only intend on using this one for running, nothing more

Guest Ron Manager

I don't think I could be arsed messing around with a 2-4GB MP3 player, always having to change the songs on it and such. Aside from size (or price?), do users of these small flash players see any great benefit to one over a HDD-based MP3 player?

Archived