IGNORED

Man City .. Good Bye

Boxing Day

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Ron Manager

Even if you finish fourth .. you won't get pass the Champions League's play-off round .. English Fourth goes against France 3rd , Germany 3rd , Italy Fourth or Spain fourth .. NO CHANCE CHUMP !!

I'd take English fourth place chances against any of those teams. Villa/Spurs/City all provide plenty of imagination and speed in attack, combined with solid defending (barring spurs, who do have some troubles keeping clean sheets). It's not just hit and hope football anymore. Liverpool could still finish 4th, and while they've had some troubles this season, at full strength, they're still a damned good side.

Yeah, 3rd or 4th from those countries is going to be a team like Fiorentina, Marseille, Sevilla, or Schalke... all teams that any England 4th could potentially beat. Mind you it's not just Spurs who leak goals, we're just as bad in that department.

No point starting new thread; but Portsmouth have gone into administration and will be fined 9 points.

Okay, so 9 points will effectively relegate them, but I'm confused. Administration means that debt-collectors can't touch them for a while, but what if they still can't pay the wages? What if they cease trading and fall apart as a company?

What about all the teams that have already played them and picked up points? It's unfair that the teams that haven't played them again won't have the chance to take some points too.

If, and most likely when, things become this dire it'll change the whole league table. I know that, should the points gained at Portsmouth be voided, Arsenal will lose 6 points, which would put them back in a scrap for 4th place.

What a load of shit. The only possible outcome would be for the FA to play the Pompey players wages (most undoubtedly at a cut), and then why the fuck should anyone field a decent squad against a team of broken men? Attendances suffer and everyone gets a little sting out of a bunch of cowboys playing football...

:facepalm:

a bunch of cowboys playing football...

I actually really like that image.

Someone draw the 4 most recent owners of Portsmouth standing in a circle dressed as cowboys and shooting a deflated football with the Pompey crest on it. We'll get it printed in the papers, yeah? Yeah.

the FA rules are stupid and alot of things dont make sence.. man u are in 17 million in debt but they dont touch the top 4 teams pompy are like what 5 million?

the football league rules are even more pathetic

ummm.... more like 65 million pounds. (pompey)

its sad, but also afc bournemouth have a winding up order placed on us in the last day too. but we've been at it for years being in financial trouble. we got spurs in a pre season friendly so that'll sell out dean court no doubt and give us sum moooney

Guest Ron Manager

I think the administrator legally has to act on the best interest of all the club's creditors, so anyone owed money gets priority, and then they salvage whatever they can out of the club. I'm not sure how they are going to get rid of all their players (pretty much their only remaining assets, I'm sure I read the ground has already been sold to one of the owners they've had this year) outside a transfer window, surely mutual termination will be more expensive than keeping them on the wagebill until July 1... unless administration rules means they can just make them redundant for free, I don't know. But obviously the administrator does anything to find a buyer, failing that within a certain time they will be liquidated.

Something very fishy has happened at Pompey though, I don't buy the idea that the club has simply been poorly managed. They made over £70 million on players sold over the last 18 months, how can they have accumulated so much debt?

the FA rules are stupid and alot of things dont make sence.. man u are in 17 million in debt but they dont touch the top 4 teams pompy are like what 5 million?

...and I'm pretty sure United's debts are like £500-700 million... whatever the figure it's absolutely massive.

Can't wait to see Man City go into administration ..

Yeah, that's going to happen with all £0 of our debt. Even if Mansour fucks off, we are an attractive proposition, simply because we have no debt.

City are sorted, everywhere except the pitch

Anyway, their exit from the cup wasn't half as embarrassing as the one last year (at home aswell). Stoke are a much better team than people give them credit for and can really turn it on at home....they devastated the Gooners last month

I think the administrator legally has to act on the best interest of all the club's creditors, so anyone owed money gets priority, and then they salvage whatever they can out of the club. I'm not sure how they are going to get rid of all their players (pretty much their only remaining assets, I'm sure I read the ground has already been sold to one of the owners they've had this year) outside a transfer window, surely mutual termination will be more expensive than keeping them on the wagebill until July 1... unless administration rules means they can just make them redundant for free, I don't know. But obviously the administrator does anything to find a buyer, failing that within a certain time they will be liquidated.

Something very fishy has happened at Pompey though, I don't buy the idea that the club has simply been poorly managed. They made over £70 million on players sold over the last 18 months, how can they have accumulated so much debt?

...and I'm pretty sure United's debts are like £500-700 million... whatever the figure it's absolutely massive.

Can't wait to see Man City go into administration ..

Yeah, that's going to happen with all £0 of our debt. Even if Mansour fucks off, we are an attractive proposition, simply because we have no debt.

Mansour Will fuck off , and you will have no money to pay your "Superstars" , you either sell PLAYERS AND MANAGERS ( or go into administration ..

Archived