IGNORED

I don't get it

Guest Fiona

Guest Shockerbrown

i've heard that they're both dyslectic. so that's the reason why their music sounds so fucking weird.

you will some day.

you just will.

this thread is one of the nerdiest jokes i saw on the internet in years.

and yeah, i get the joke.

i dont get it.

help me ez.

i dont get it.

help me ez.

well, basically...:

in the old old electronic music days, about.. 4 years ago? 3 years? in the www.waprecords.com forum (now closed) there was a big , big thread titled "i don´t get it!" by a girl called fiona, telling that she didnt understood autechre, that his boyfriend listened to that stuff, and she coulldn´t get how anybody could listen to that emotionless music. bla bla blah.

the thread become some sort of gigantic monster with 1000+ replies, of hundreds of autechre fans trying to explain to 'fiona' why autechre was good and listenable. the thread received replies for like 6 months and it became a popular internal joke.

obviously, some ex warprecords.com forumites were in joyrex.com, That Other Site™, and watmm... i wonder how many people get this sort of "joke"

this is like talking about pie > caek, jazz band, and "don´t forget the olives!"

Guest Shockerbrown
thats a brilliant question is pie better than cake?

pie, period.

cake sounds dirty and fagish.

Guest greenbank

wow, i remember that. i couldnae remember it was on the warp board tho'. the warp board was ace. now we have to type about how crap warp are on here or somewhere and they might not see and be ashamed and then put out some decent tunes.

Cheers for explaining the gag! Could you shed some light on the story of the dude who went to another guys house to punch him over some internet feud? I swear I remember someone mentioning something like that before :undecided:

what's so fucking sad is that i got this before i opened it.

hahahahha

olllllllllllllld school

one epic fucking thread though, wasn't it!

Archived