IGNORED

Windows 7

Guest blicero

my win7 x64 blue screens about 7 times a week. laptop is 3 weeks old. nothing too weird installed. Could be the m-audio drivers, but they say they support win7 x64. oh well. I get DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE, usually when web browsing with Chrome (although that is what I do a lot of).

Fully up to date etc etc.

Other than that I do like it. Hope it comes right...

I got windows 7 on the first day it came out in uk, tbh ive never looked back since ive not had one problem since i got it my dad on the other hand has vista basic and hates every minute of it before hes even turned it on :emotawesomepm9:

if you want to run xp mode, make sure your cpu supports hardware virtualization. my laptop doesnt, stupid piece of shit. thinking of replacing my cpu with a similar one that supports virtualization, as long as its not soldered to the mobo. :wtf:

Guest futuregirlfriend

can i run old games on a x64 win7? is the windows XP mode that is available in the premium version needed to run older stuff, like window95 games?

I installed Fallout 2 just fine, but some of the graphics are screwed. Perfectly playable but the edges of some objects are multicoloured. I hear Starcraft is similar. Dunno about XP mode, I haven't tried it. I guess you could probably set up a VM with Windows 98 installed juuust right for mid 90s games.

yeah... this is my first post from this vaio mini notebook... pretty allright thus far... the only complaint i have so far is the small shift key next to enter. i'm about to get another vaio laptop in a few days. was gonna get a nother mini, but found a model not too much more than this one.

Archived