IGNORED

what does the nord lead 3 do well?

lala

all i know about the Nord Lead 3 is that the filters weren't quite as nice as on the Nord Lead/Rack 2. there must've been some issue with them, because they don't sell them anymore, yet they continue to sell the Nord Lead 2x

all i know about the Nord Lead 3 is that the filters weren't quite as nice as on the Nord Lead/Rack 2. there must've been some issue with them, because they don't sell them anymore, yet they continue to sell the Nord Lead 2x

funny enough ive just read that. same with the G1 over the G2.

should have bought a nord years ago. nice tone

The nl3 and the g2 both have more transparent, less "characteristic" sounding filters... So while cleaner, they strayed from the original sound people were used to.

I personally like the clean sound...

funny enough ive just read that. same with the G1 over the G2.

should have bought a nord years ago. nice tone

i miss my Nord Lead 2x...damn fucking good synth, and i totally see why autechre swear by them.

Guest esquimaw

I've never used one, but the popular internet hearsay is this:

One of the best digital synth Interfaces ever (rotary knobs with lights, easy to see the state of a patch)

Really good FM abilities, far beyond the 2x

Very clean clinical sound

Generally people seem to prefer the sound of the 1, but the features of the 2x. The 3 didn't really stick around for long.

Personally I'd love it if they made a desktop version of the Wave, that thing looks dope. Sure is expensive in it's keyboard format though!

the 3rd gen NL3 and G2 are more hi-fi than dedicated virtual analogue of the 1-2nd gen hence the tag 'advanced subtractive' which in laymen's terms you'll get another octave or so before any aliasing

not sure why they ditched the rotary LED's although I have heard rumours of reliability issues but I think in the end I reckon they were just too expensive to produce next to the competition which is a shame

I believe there was some issue with the metal in the rotaries... toxic or something. new regulations came out since they were introduced, and hence they couldnt keep making them.

i could be totally wrong though... I thought I heard that was the reason though.

I believe there was some issue with the metal in the rotaries... toxic or something. new regulations came out since they were introduced, and hence they couldnt keep making them.

i could be totally wrong though... I thought I heard that was the reason though.

that was it! i remember now, yeah there was a problem with the rotary encoders

interesting.

definitely looking at:

nord 2X or G1

moog voyager or phatty

voiceworks (already got)

for me and mandy to play around with

reckon that would be a nice simple setup to have fun with :smile:

interesting.

definitely looking at:

nord 2X or G1

moog voyager or phatty

voiceworks (already got)

for me and mandy to play around with

reckon that would be a nice simple setup to have fun with :smile:

to be honest, i wouldn't call that simple. considering that the Nord Lead 2x has 4 timbres to play with, you could do an entire album with just the Nord.

if you do get that setup, i'm sure you'll definitely have a lot of fun with it.

well, simple as far as:

nord for pad/lead/spacey sounds

moog for bass/phat bottom/weird lead sounds

303 for acid

shes actually quite anal. its got to be a 303 or she wont be satisfied. :emotawesomepm9:

the nord is going to come first i think, hence why i was asking. i know we can do a lot with that... :]

well, simple as far as:

nord for pad/lead/spacey sounds

moog for bass/phat bottom/weird lead sounds

303 for acid

shes actually quite anal. its got to be a 303 or she wont be satisfied. :emotawesomepm9:

yeah, 303s are nice. if you can get it modded with the Kenton 3port CV/Gate mod, you can get a MIDI -> CV/Gate conversion box and then automate the filter cutoff. i personally wouldn't trigger notes through it though, as at least 50% of the sound of a 303 is the built-in sequencer. but you already knew that ;)

yeah, 303s are nice. if you can get it modded with the Kenton 3port CV/Gate mod, you can get a MIDI -> CV/Gate conversion box and then automate the filter cutoff. i personally wouldn't trigger notes through it though, as at least 50% of the sound of a 303 is the built-in sequencer. but you already knew that ;)

well oi got a bassstation w/midi>cv. it would be nice to get a cv mod for all the controls. then i guess some sync-24 box or summink.

well oi got a bassstation w/midi>cv. it would be nice to get a cv mod for all the controls. then i guess some sync-24 box or summink.

yeah get a MIDI sync box, and then just use your bass station to control the filter cut off (if you can get the bass station to do that)

my new revised kit list is such:

oberheim ob(X or A<midied) or andromeda for pads.. i like the ob sound more but want full midi...

little phatty

xoxbox

voiceworks

a much better spend of money i reckon

my new revised kit list is such:

oberheim ob(X or A<midied) or andromeda for pads.. i like the ob sound more but want full midi...

little phatty

xoxbox

voiceworks

a much better spend of money i reckon

but what about the lack of 303? that's not gonna go down too well :p

Archived