IGNORED

South Park Season 14

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Wow, I thought those really long bleeps during Kyle's speech at the end were just poking fun at the situation, weird. Loved the "Killing Joke" reference with Scott Tenorman.

My girlffriend and I thought the same thing as we watched, that it was some meta-joke

I bet it turns out that that was exactly the case and the Comedy Central press release was all Matt and Trey's doing. Disinformation is a powerful thing !

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest morphis2525

they past few seasons if you look closely the mohamud character is acctually in the theme song intro to the show

A Statement from Matt and Trey

In the 14 years we've been doing South Park we have never done a show that we couldn't stand behind. We delivered our version of the show to Comedy Central and they made a determination to alter the episode. It wasn't some meta-joke on our part. Comedy Central added the bleeps. In fact, Kyle's customary final speech was about intimidation and fear. It didn't mention Muhammad at all but it got bleeped too. We'll be back next week with a whole new show about something completely different and we'll see what happens to it.

A Statement from Matt and Trey

In the 14 years we've been doing South Park we have never done a show that we couldn't stand behind. We delivered our version of the show to Comedy Central and they made a determination to alter the episode. It wasn't some meta-joke on our part. Comedy Central added the bleeps. In fact, Kyle's customary final speech was about intimidation and fear. It didn't mention Muhammad at all but it got bleeped too. We'll be back next week with a whole new show about something completely different and we'll see what happens to it.

As I said above, it really wouldn't surprise me if Matt and Trey were behind the bleeping themselves and the above press release about how outraged they are about the bleeping was just to prove a point about how ridiculous and hypocritical everything has become regarding the issue.

I think so too, bleeping the monologue at the end was a bit too much to not be a joke.

That and the timing of Stan's final solitary 'Yeah' after the previous near minute of solid beeping was just too perfect.

Guest Gary C

A pretty weak episode to me.

The bleeping and censorship was pretty obviously intentional to me, but I do believe that the censorship of Muhammad in the Cartoon Wars episodes was truly made my execs.

It managed to cause a bit of controversy and undoubtedly the ratings boost for a 200th episode that they wanted for self-flagellation, but whatever. Carry on.

did yall know that muhammad fucked a 9 year old?

I'm not even joking

certainly this is immune to skepticism.

is it wrong if his entire society was said to encourage and engage in the same behavior? sociology question i guess.

Crippled Summer

Episode 1407 (Original Air Date: Apr 28, 2010)

Jimmy and Timmy are off to summer camp with all their handicapable friends.

southparkstudios.com

this one finally looks like a win.. all the camps in the SouthPark series were great...

Archived