IGNORED

spike jonze's awesome hipster robot movie

Guest chax

spike jonze and absolut vodka have created a 30 minute short film that was in sundance and a bunch of other film festivals, but now it's just been released online. you are supposed to watch it at http://www.imheremovie.com/ in order to take part in the 'virtual movie experience' where you have to 'wait in line' for the movie to begin, and it's only shown to 5000 people a day. or you can just watch it on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TQuzRCbpsY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM44EMVeSuk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaGMexFUcds

after watching it twice, i noticed a lot more things the second time around. there's more going on with the story than you think

I'm about a third of the way through and it's driving me nuts (do you like music? yeah I like music). Does it get better?

just like the novel - the road. with that stupid kid and father one liners for a chapter

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

im really fuckin tired and drunk drained but that flick almost made me tear up, the combo somehow gave me a temporary vagina :unsure:

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

"Where The Wild Things Are" blew donkey dick, btw.

agreed, it was big time boring turbo slow, again I was really drunk drained tired (still am) when I watched this short film but it was much more interesting and emotional than all of that movie.

Guest 277: 930-933

im really fuckin tired and drunk drained but that flick almost made me tear up, the combo somehow gave me a temporary vagina :unsure:

I stopped watching because the opening shot combined with the music made me start to cry.

Guest margaret thatcher

that film tried to irritate me and succeeded before the end of part one.

i don't see the appeal in watching c3po trying to hit on some robot. sorry.

I stopped watching because the opening shot combined with the music made me start to cry.

why did it make you cry?

why did it make you cry?

Seeing dusk/dawn shots of city streets combined with sad music tends to make me feel incredibly lonely.

Makes me aware of how afraid I am of losing my friends and loved ones.

Not sure why this particular imagery evokes these feelings though, and it would probably be boring and or pathetic to get into.

Have to note that for some reason I'm suffering from some mood swings at the moment so I'm particularly prone to feeling strong emotions, I hope it's just some sort of seasonal thing.

Normally I don't cry. (maybe once a year or less, or at a funeral)

[/emo]

I think people now use the phrase hipster for when people like something but are not sure if their peers will approve of it.

It's sort of a built in safety, if their peers do like it the person can be all 'yeah I was being ironic/sarcastic', if their peers do not approve the person can say 'yeah total hipster douchebag crap'.

Not sure though.

can someone please explain to me why this movie is hipster.

the 'quirky' girl robot in the film is a hipster, and it's directed by spike jonze

Good short film, wouldn't have worked at feature length at all yet the story and presentation fit the short story build so well.

Damn that's just depressing almost....

it was really nice and quite well done at points yet blatantly heart wrenching...

Archived