IGNORED

Elektron Octatrack

soundwave

• 2 months later...

Look at that cunt tweaking every second, OCD much?

To be fair, when you've got these machines, you do just find yourself tweaking little things constantly. There's a lot of parameters you can do a lot of tweaking with for just small variations in sound on the Elektron boxes.

To be fair, when you've got these machines, you do just find yourself tweaking little things constantly. There's a lot of parameters you can do a lot of tweaking with for just small variations in sound on the Elektron boxes.

It's also a PRODUCT DEMO.

A lot of it was unnecessary tweaking, he obviously has some nervous condition, see the clip at 2:30 lol, there's no need for that. The Octatrack so far has had the worse demos I've ever seen.

Yes I want to get excited about this thing but I can't figure out how.

I know its supposed to replace Abes on stage, but personally I perfer using my MD as a sound gen source for studio instead of live. I can't see myself any time soon using both the MD and Octarack on stage. Also I don't like brining gear to live shows unless they cost less then 1000$, people steal stuff like crazy at shows I've been to in the past. You guys ever walk into a room completely filled with backpacks and gear? All it takes is one person to recognize your backpack and there goes your Elektron gear along with the thousands of dollars of monster wires you had with them.

thanks, now I find it annoying as well!

anyway. this is A LOT better than that first crap demo that went around the web. still wish I knew someone with elektron gear. really wanna try them out without having to actually buy them.

just buy a monomachine cos you won't get your head roud the potential unless someone shows you the ropes

its like autechre in a box and nothing comes close for instant fun on the fly

I never quite clicked with the MD but if I see a cheap SPS1 I'm grabbing another one

I know someone somewhere is gonna buy one of these then load it up with 8 copies of the amen break

• 7 months later...

Similar things have been done with a Machinedrum, and doesn't it sound like it was worth it!

i thought that was ok. it all comes down to knowledge of the machine though, or at least so i've heard it can be as complicated as you want it to be.

any of you geeks managed to get your grubby digits near one yet?

the Elektron forum is too full of excited fanboys for a none biased opinion

yeah, my housemate got his last week. haven't had a chance to play with it myself yet, but he seems pretty pleased. i'll keep you updated.

heh, the only good thing about that demo was the Michael Jackson song.

If compulsive tweaking is a problem for you, you'll need to avoid seeing Jeff Mills live :emotawesomepm9:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUrUCMMSVK0

Lol I honestly thought for the first 30 seconds that clip was playing at X4 speed. As for those Octatrack demos I was more pissed by the annoying hand movements than anything else.

Guest hahathhat

any of you geeks managed to get your grubby digits near one yet?

the Elektron forum is too full of excited fanboys for a none biased opinion

yeah, my housemate got his last week. haven't had a chance to play with it myself yet, but he seems pretty pleased. i'll keep you updated.

it's kind of hard not to be pleased when you get a new bit of kit, unless it arrives broken or something!

I'd really like to be interested in these but I just don't see the appeal yet. I imagine its like a machinedrum but with 8 dsp/sample tracks which I thought you could already do.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Wall Bird

Agreed. It seems that his go-to technique with both hardware and software is to modulate almost everything wildly and get several instances of it going simultaneously. Sometimes it works, other times (as someone who keeps up with his work) it gets very tiresome. As much as I love it, I could stand a bit of contrast. That being said, I very much enjoy the stuff that he takes the time to compose. It's pretty masterful. It's reassuring because you can then tell that he's not always just bullshitting and relying on the aforementioned approach.

Also, what is beat meshing?

Archived