IGNORED

New member....

encym

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

you post your latest creations... duh duh duh in the latest creations section...

read the rules

oh and coming from someone whos tried failed and succeeded to incorporate guitar into heavily electronic tracks... your guitars make your music more cheeseball, take out the guitars and put in some creepy synths or just try harder to make your guitars not so cheeseball and more in context

I like these from the few I've listened to so far. Not sure if you should label them as "VAST CINEMATIC SOUNDSCAPES", because that sounds a bit overly grandiose.

As for the guitar, I thought it worked on the tracks where it was worked subtly into the mix, not so much on the ones where it really stood out. In other words, the guitars were good when they were just another part of the song that I didn't even notice, instead "oh hey that must be the guitar coming in". I'm not sure if I'm making any sense here.

you post your latest creations... duh duh duh in the latest creations section...

read the rules

oh and coming from someone whos tried failed and succeeded to incorporate guitar into heavily electronic tracks... your guitars make your music more cheeseball, take out the guitars and put in some creepy synths or just try harder to make your guitars not so cheeseball and more in context

Interesting post. Will check your music.

Guest ryanmcallister

i wouldn't take the criticisms here too hard, maybe you are just hitting the wrong crowd, i think these tracks are great. like the rest of us, you still have a bit of a ways to go before you get ranked with the greats, but you are well on your way. good work.

i think a lot of electronic artists like to use the filler tracks: i only ever really listen to about half of druqks by aphex (not that the piano stuff is bad, that's just not why i listen to him). i think the same goes for you, you have some solid electronic pieces, and then your "emotional" guitar tracks are just...fine...nothing to write home about on their own, probably more for you than anyone else, but they tie things together.

I like these from the few I've listened to so far. Not sure if you should label them as "VAST CINEMATIC SOUNDSCAPES", because that sounds a bit overly grandiose.

As for the guitar, I thought it worked on the tracks where it was worked subtly into the mix, not so much on the ones where it really stood out. In other words, the guitars were good when they were just another part of the song that I didn't even notice, instead "oh hey that must be the guitar coming in". I'm not sure if I'm making any sense here.

I see your point. the Vast cine.... etc. was how someone else described it.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

read the rules

Interesting post. Will check your music.

dont bother, Ive got about 5 albums worth of material im finishing right now. none of the stuff I have on the net has guitars on electronic. but trust me and can be done very well, been playing for 15 years for the last 3 years I have just barely got used to being able to use guitars in context with nearly any style im working on

Search results for "well done guitars in electronic music" :

Did you mean: The Campfire Headphase?

Your reply was quick but not witty (or I don't quite understand what you're saying).

Anyway, have a great day!

OMG i'm listening to somethings going on right now it looks like a giant dildo. guitar sounds really out of place. Its a good track though.

6shot is a completely different track, features a lot of variation but also a lot of similarity in sounds used with a strong central beat. WAIT, no this isn't 6shot its the remix.

Guest Erothyme

Your reply was quick but not witty (or I don't quite understand what you're saying).

campfire.jpg

Guest Sprigg

Dude, Morgenstund is beautiful. Love that track lots. I want to download it!

The middle of Chengdu Calling reminds me a little of a Mars Volta song... Really dancy tune, but not really my style.

Elegie is wonderful.

6shot is pretty fantastic as well, has an Autechre-ish feel to it. Always a good thing. :braindance:

I think I like the original a bit better than the remix tho.

I really, really want 6shot and Morgenstund, those two tracks are absolutely amazing.

Keep it up!

campfire.jpg

Of course I know this.

Do you think this is new, innovative use of guitar in electronics?

Guest ryanmcallister

I think it qualifies as "well done." :emotawesomepm9:

i dunno, i find those guys from canada are kinda out of tune sometimes, and their stuff sounds like it was made in the 70's...

Dude, Morgenstund is beautiful. Love that track lots. I want to download it!

The middle of Chengdu Calling reminds me a little of a Mars Volta song... Really dancy tune, but not really my style.

Elegie is wonderful.

6shot is pretty fantastic as well, has an Autechre-ish feel to it. Always a good thing. :braindance:

I think I like the original a bit better than the remix tho.

I really, really want 6shot and Morgenstund, those two tracks are absolutely amazing.

Keep it up!

Thanks!

I may make it available for download at Soundcloud!

I feel very pleased and also, everybody's comments & criticism here made me try harder and inspired me a lot!

Guest Sprigg

That's how it's supposed to work, man! :emotawesomepm9:

I may make it available for download at Soundcloud!

I creamed myself.

EDIT: :cisfor:

Archived