IGNORED

what words are you offended by?

Guest ezkerraldean

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

calling someone a fag is just like that louis ck bit, go ahead suck his dick but dont be all faggy about it. same premise for calling someone a wetback with my mexican friends, whom one of them is always getting too drunk and being obnoxious, sometimes we will be like don't fucking start any fights and try to stab people tonight spick. we are friends, its not about race, its about making fun of someones bad behavior and letting them know they are making a bad example and promoting a stereotype and he knows that.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol. comprehension fail.

if you tell your white friend he's being a spick, you're lumping all mexicans in with that one stereotype (and a stereotype assumes that all members of that category will act in a particular manner), and that somehow they are inferior.

Same thing goes with fag.

no, I completely disagree, I think I have expressed my views plenty well, but apparently you refuse to see point and agree to disagree, by saying a word I am not lumping all mexican's or gay people into a category, hierarchy or social tier. I am merely making light of a stereotypical slur, with no weight or negativity directed towards friends that completely understand that. As my points have said behavioral stereotypes need to be diminished to be stop bigotry. Those Louis CK video's demonstrate my point and opinion pretty well.

I completely understand where your coming from but you don't want to see where I am. I don't think you are wrong nor do I think I am right, that is simple my perspective and in my irl social network I have friends of most of the races, sexual preferences and religious views and they understand my perspective. If I know or assume someone doesn't I would definitely not use slurs like those. (and although I thought this forum was not so PC ethically simplistic to ever be offended by those words using them in said contexts, I have recently released that not to be the case and I don't try to use them jokingly at all)

I really don't feel that I should have had the need to even explain myself any further nor do I think I have made any comprehension fail. I could give you much more examples of why using a negative slur word in certain specific calculated contexts can indefinitely be positive but this conversation definitely seems to be going nowhere at least in direction to you

When people use "persons" as the plural of person it drives me fucking bananas.

Every time someone says "women used to not be treated like persons" I feel like saying "You mean PEOPLE! PEOPLE!"

And I know "persons" has become a legal term, but that just makes it even worse.

Guest margaret thatcher

when people say "less" when it should be "fewer".

i.e. i saw "less trees" printed on a starbucks napkin last week. it's "fewer" for countable objects and "less" for uncountable objects, i.e. fewer trees, fewer pickles, fewer comedians and less alcohol, less sugar, less anger.

i find myself correcting songs on the radio. it's so fucking pathetic but there you go.

the word ipod and podcast offend me because they are used now to describe any hand held mp3 player or broadcast of audio over the internet

re: racial slurs, if you're white and able to be offended by merely hearing a word with no context, you need to grow thicker skin.

Guest ezkerraldean

lol i was hoping just for a big list of funny naughty words instead of an actual discussion

but i feel like it's a bit retarded even letting yourself be offended merely by a word, you should overcome it and claim it as your own so it is no longer pejorative and becomes simply a naughty funny word - especially with racial words since they're often used without any racist intent whatsoever

When people use "persons" as the plural of person it drives me fucking bananas.

Every time someone says "women used to not be treated like persons" I feel like saying "You mean PEOPLE! PEOPLE!"

And I know "persons" has become a legal term, but that just makes it even worse.

yes i fucking agree

Guest abusivegeorge

Nothing really but I feel quite strongly about the casual usage of n**** by white people, although I'm not personally offended I think it is careless. Same applies to other racial slurs people seem to think are okay but aren't really.

This, and the word paki among other racial slurs. Fucking hate it.

i fucking hate it when people say 'got a new dub plate!' when referring to a new most likely mp3 digital track they put out, not something they've actually made a real acetate dub plate out of. I encounter this a lot in the dance/dubstep scene with producers.

i really despise usages of, especially the UK, white people using Rastafarian lingo, it makes me cringe

also after Foley Room came out i have a lot of assholes referring to the way i make music as 'Foley' , no sorry it's not, you're improperly using the word.

Guest ezkerraldean
i really despise usages of, especially the UK, white people using Rastafarian lingo, it makes me cringe

imitation Jamaican accents have usurped cockney to become the main language of chav proles in London, so when a lot of people in Britain-land say rasta words in a London accent they're probably actually mocking chavs

no, I completely disagree, I think I have expressed my views plenty well, but apparently you refuse to see point and agree to disagree, by saying a word I am not lumping all mexican's or gay people into a category, hierarchy or social tier. I am merely making light of a stereotypical slur, with no weight or negativity directed towards friends that completely understand that. As my points have said behavioral stereotypes need to be diminished to be stop bigotry.

So if you say to your friend "Stop being such a spick", what is the intended meaning behind it?

behavioural stereotypes? wtf is a behavioural stereotype? Do you perhaps mean certain behaviours that have acquired negative meanings need to be stopped in order to prevent stereotypes?

:facepalm: if you don't get what I mean by now that I don't think there's anything I can say over in text form to help you understand the context in which I would say such things and the optimistic outlook one could have on it but...

I think very similar to the way Louis CK say's calling someone a faggot has almost nothing at all to do with being gay. Calling someone a nigger or a spick isn't in reference to being black or mexican its referring the stupid behavior that you would call a stereotype(that can commonly can truly exist) not the race or sexual preference. a white dood can act like a nigger and straight heterosexual german midget black person can act like a faggot.... but words mean different things to some people and like I said in IRL I use very strong discretion in thinking of what I say and how someone could feel about it. I thought could assume certain things about watmm users but I try not to assume much on this forum anymore and try to be more careful.

the way I think of all these slurs really are completely separated from actual race, sex, sexual preference, religion and I think a lot of people to do too.

:facepalm: if you don't get what I mean by now that I don't think there's anything I can say over in text form to help you understand the context in which I would say such things and the optimistic outlook one could have on it but...

I think very similar to the way Louis CK say's calling someone a faggot has almost nothing at all to do with being gay. Calling someone a nigger or a spick isn't in reference to being black or mexican its referring the stupid behavior that you would call a stereotype(that can commonly can truly exist) not the race or sexual preference. a white dood can act like a nigger and straight heterosexual german midget black person can act like a faggot.... but words mean different things to some people and like I said in IRL I use very strong discretion in thinking of what I say and how someone could feel about it. I thought could assume certain things about watmm users but I try not to assume much on this forum anymore and try to be more careful.

the way I think of all these slurs really are completely separated from actual race, sex, sexual preference, religion and I think a lot of people to do too.

Amen.

Archived