IGNORED

Boardwalk Empire

chenGOD

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest disparaissant

yeah i honestly had no idea that much of the set was added in post. i mean some stuff seemed CG but i had no clue it was to that extent. amazing job.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Agreed, this show is kinda slow but super high quality and has a lot of pieces in play to be a great overall series.

Boardwalk Empire went from mediocre to horrible to pretty damned promising all within one season.

yeah.

back to horrible

Couldn't disagree more.

I guess I'm the only one then. I don't like any of the characters. No personality. The whole thing feels flat and fake. I just don't care anymore. I don't like Nucky's wife. I don't like Nucky.

Al Capone is good. Nucky's brother is good. The FBI guy was fun last season but thus far he's been kind of boring.

• 2 weeks later...

best show on tv by a mile. little complaints.. this season is great so far. the last episode was better but this seemed like a transitional one.. waiting for the inevitable nucky/jimmy showdown

waiting for the inevitable nucky/jimmy showdown

oooh it's so close you can taste it.

Things are getting hectic...Van Alden is fucking up on a massive scale, and Owen looks like he'll be a right bastard.

Guest Mirezzi

Boardwalk Empire went from mediocre to horrible to pretty damned promising all within one season.

yeah.

back to horrible

Couldn't disagree more.

Nor could I. This show has become simultaneously entertaining and brilliant. The whole "Would you fight for me?" episode where Richard goes off to the woods was just...as good as TV gets IMO.

Absolutely loving this, miles ahead of Breaking Bad at this point, which really is just a cartoon now.

yeah.

back to horrible

Couldn't disagree more.

Nor could I. This show has become simultaneously entertaining and brilliant. The whole "Would you fight for me?" episode where Richard goes off to the woods was just...as good as TV gets IMO.

Absolutely loving this, miles ahead of Breaking Bad at this point, which really is just a cartoon now.

Two totally different types of drama - both excellent. don't think comparison is valid or wanted really, let the two stand on their own merits.

halfway through the first season so far and I dont really understand the criticisms over the 2nd episode...I honestly thought it was superior to the Scorsese one.

The federal agent is by far my fave character so far....what a stern fucking face....and the short dinner scene was hilarious. That man is as Protestant stick-up-the-ass American as you can get.

The Scorsese hype was all that - jus hype. You can tell he fucking phoned it in.

The FBI agent gets better Smetty - he's an awesome character.

Spoilers for anyone who isn't up to date

I want to know what the fuck Nucky is up to with his move to approach the cause. owen garroting that Irish dude was fucking intense, when his fingers popped off oh snap. Jimmy is such a boy king. He's like all those Chinese emperors who got played by their moms.

i guess this thread is dead so i should stop, but im at S2 ep.4 and HOLY FUCK this show is getting insanely good.

Nelson Van Alden is the best character I have ever seen in a TV show. EVER. And mutha'fuckin' Omar is in the same goddamn show!

FUCKIN ZOLE at the anniversary scene.

the show feels too generic mobster for me, especially compared to the other prohibition era mobster things i've seen. Even the Untouchables feels far more visceral than this show, and of course Millers Crossing absolutely obliterates it.

maybe i'll give it another shot then, the first 3 episodes were pretty bland. That's all i've seen

is it just me or is it totally anachronistic for Omar from the Wire to be treated with such respect during the prohibition era?

I still think the show is pretty damn flawed.

BBBBBBBBBUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

I'll admit I was wrong about season 2. I'd watched the first 3 episodes and kind of had this pissed off moment where I thought, "Fuck this. fuck this waste of time of a show. Nothing is fucking happening this shit is overrated the characters are fucking boring Buscemi is miscast the wife is lame Jimmy is lame they are all shit!!!!" So I turned it off and decided I was done watching this.

For whatever reason I figured I'd skip ahead a few episodes the other day, turns out it was a good episode I started on. I think I'll get back on board for a few episodes. This show has some serious low points where nothing happens and it just feels massively generic and cliched in almost every way, shallow sophistication HBO hype bullshit with good actors doing mob great 50s storyline with ragtime music authenticity seriousness the characters murder and pan out with good music ETC

but it has some really good shit going on sometimes.

Archived