IGNORED

The 11th Doctor

Boxing Day

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Alex C

Camden loving tosser

Developed in association with Doctor Who’s Executive Producer and show runner, Steven Moffat, Doctor Who Live promises the same excitement, adventure and suspense that viewers have come to expect from the TV programme and will feature specially filmed new video scenes.

Opening in wartime London and concluding in an epic onstage battle, audiences should expect the unexpected as the The Doctor’s arch-enemies the Daleks are joined by some of the best-loved and most terrifying monsters from the TV series including the Cybermen, Weeping Angels, Judoon and Oods to name but a few.

With an out-of-this-world set, Doctor Who Live will feature special FX, optical illusions and spectacular pyrotechnics building to an epic finale. Specially edited video clips, drawn from the TV Programme will be shown on a massive screen and accompanied by the music of longtime Doctor Who composer Murray Gold. These iconic scores will be brought to life by a 16 piece orchestra live on stage.

Actors from the TV series will not be appearing live on stage.

On sale 9am Friday 21st May 2010.

Tickets are priced at £38.50, £34.50 and £25.00 subject to booking fees.

Best episode yet this weekend. Looking forward to The Silurians coming back too.

IF they actually are Silurians... there's rumours that they are not actual Silurians, but a "relative" race (like the Sea Devils).

Guest Gary C

Probably the best episode of Doctor Who I've ever seen.

It had a cerebral element that I often feel is missing from Who scripts. For me sci-fi is best when it reflects the human-mind and isn't simply a space-opera about encountering a thousand alien races.

• 2 weeks later...

The Hungry Earth - 8/10

Cold Blood - 9/10

It was a good-two parter.

Fuck , Rory died

, and fuck the doctor for

letting his body be eaten by the crack.

But i have hope

he will be back , the crack eats , Rory is probably living is some other dimension

(Along with the angels and the soldiers).

Something confuses me , in the "Eleventh Hour" Prisoner Zero came from the Crack (and the prison(+eyes) he escaped from was inside the crack) , so , what's up with that ? , does that means the crack is some kind of portal to another dimension.?

Guest Dirty Protest

Its really picked up in the last few weeks. Would be good if they just left him dead, family television needs more grim reality.

Not holding much hope for next week but. Anytime they meet someone famous the episode is usually pish.

Guest Gary C

Yeah, Karen Gillian is massively fuckable, but her scared/concerned/alerted face is beginning to annoy me.

The Hungry Earth - 8/10

Cold Blood - 9/10

It was a good-two parter.

Fuck , Rory died

, and fuck the doctor for

letting his body be eaten by the crack.

But i have hope

he will be back , the crack eats , Rory is probably living is some other dimension

(Along with the angels and the soldiers).

Something confuses me , in the "Eleventh Hour" Prisoner Zero came from the Crack (and the prison(+eyes) he escaped from was inside the crack) , so , what's up with that ? , does that means the crack is some kind of portal to another dimension.?

As the fish-lady said in Vampires of Venice, that some cracks "lead to other worlds" which is how they got to Earth. There's a reason you'll see why The Doctor let the crack "have" Rory.

Its really picked up in the last few weeks. Would be good if they just left him dead, family television needs more grim reality.

Not holding much hope for next week but. Anytime they meet someone famous the episode is usually pish.

You'll be surprised at how good Vincent and The Doctor is - and c'mon, this is Doctor Who - you think anyone STAYS dead? Although he doesn't come back in the traditional sense of the word...

Guest Dirty Protest

I think this was released today. If is been seen before, im not sorry for it being jazz, i just didnt read the post.

DW game.

Havent tried it, its probably cack.

I've seen a Cybus Cyberman in one of the early trailers, but what about the rumours of the Mondas version reappearing as well? Probably bollocks. That final episode could do with some Ice Warriors and Omega in the mix too.

10/10

I cried , like a baby.

- One of best TV moments i have seen .. ever.

I love the "Rory's coming back" hints throughout the episode

How i rank the series so far:

Time of Angels - 10/10

Amy's Choice - 10/10

Vincent and The Doctor - 10/10

Flesh and Stone - 10/10

The Eleventh Hour - 10/10

Victory of the Daleks - 9.5/10

Cold Blood - 9/10

The Beast Below - 8.9/10

The Hungry Earth - 8.5/10

Vampires of Venice - 8/10

To be honest , slightly better than Tennant's first 10 episodes

Guest Dirty Protest

I thought it was sentimental turd, from the master of sentimental turd. But then, I think I might be the only person that hates blackadder

I thought it was sentimental turd, from the master of sentimental turd. But then, I think I might be the only person that hates blackadder

Not watched on iPlayer yet, but I'm not expecting much for that reason (although I did love Blackadder). Not looking forward to next week either because James Corden gets on my bleeding nerves. I'll be happy to be proved wrong though.

There was a lot good about that episode (Tony Curran, the Art Direction), but not much thanks to Richard Curtis. And what on earth was that music over the museum scene? Snow Patrol? A decent director could have hit a note of pure tristesse, instead I felt a little bit sick.

Guest Gary C

Only just started to watch it, but it's a very nice idea if they continue to recreate his famous paintings. A very nice idea.

I've seen a Cybus Cyberman in one of the early trailers, but what about the rumours of the Mondas version reappearing as well? Probably bollocks. That final episode could do with some Ice Warriors and Omega in the mix too.

Yeah, supposedly all those bad guys are a manifestation of everything The Doctor fears as the Roman soldiers drag him off to be imprisoned inside The Pandorica.

As much as I wish 'our' Cybermen would come back, I don't see Moffat bothering to do so just yet. The Cybermen are just not scary anymore in their current form.

And, there's rumours that Omega is in the finale, but I personally doubt it.

Oh, and Vincent and The Doctor had me silently weeping when that music kicked in. Damn Richard Curtis and his emotion-tugging scripts!

Guest Alex C

For such a simple script this weeks episode was outstanding, Smith really does get better and better. Trying to be human and just fit in cracked me up.

I know there's this love/hate thing going around with James Corden right now, but he was pretty good as well.

Next week is going to be unbelievable.

Archived