IGNORED

Guest boredroom

thanks for the effort!

wouldn't mind if the dogs outsourced cleaning up/releasing their archives sometime soon. it's win-win. they can stick with their future, and us with their past! =D

Guest ruiagnelo

thanks for the effort!

wouldn't mind if the dogs outsourced cleaning up/releasing their archives sometime soon. it's win-win. they can stick with their future, and us with their past! =D

Exactly. Could be something like FSOL's 'From the archives' series. It would make me happy for sure.

Edited by ruiagnelo

Guest sirch

the tracks i guess are not ours to master.. would be nice if TBD oneday trawled their vaults for stuff from their early incarnation and sorted things like this tape out.. plenty of people appreciate the new dog, but still miss the old dog.

but I guess like fans of any music we just love a certain period of the sound, and anything that adds to the apprication of that body of work is welcome. i don't think we're trying to rip anyone off by listening to this tape, or trying to damage TBD's reputation.. it's just enjoying some nostalgia.. and the internet is a good place for that..

hell i even went out and bought the Jimi Hendrix valleys of neptune thing for a nostalgia fix.. anyway..

I completely agree with the above! well said, John.

noone is trying to rip anyone off. and this isn't really a "bootleg", either!

nobody is selling a thing. nobody is going to burn this (what we might refer to as) 'Bits' to 1000 CDr's,

slap the artwork on it and go peddle it down Camden market! or ANYWHERE. are they!??

i thought it was quite funny really the fuss that is/was being made about it. and i mean funny as in a bit silly, and overblown.

if it was my old tape/music i wouldn't really care too much that fans were sharing it online. and i doubt that Plaid care either.

but they could always say something here and correct us if it's reeeeeally wrong, by all means, eh? :)

Thanks J for upping this. downloading now.... cheers! :)

Guest sirch

Aye! .. what Del said

Good one :D

Edited by sirch

Guest jowonio

Is there any possibility that anyone at WATMM could master this?

only have MP3's here, too. same as Jowonio. but could certainly 'beef up' the tracks so they sounded a lot more loud and clear.

it wouldn't technically be proper mastering but it'd make 'em sound better :)

might just have a go at it anyway for fun...

Hi Sirch

had a go at beefing up the mp3s and they certainly do shine up okay. I can do real mastering as I have a small mastering set up, as i have a small home studio, and this would be a slightly different process than simply using waverhammer or some such plug in.. if we can get hold of the original files, i'd love to have a go. early BDP is still some of my favourite music. It was me who let the long version of 'island' called 'island praise' out in the world, after a my friend stuart and I wrote to the magazine who first put it out on cassette years ago, and they sent us a DAT copy. I know some people call that track 'Island Paradise', but "island Praise' is what was written on the DAT.. anyway that's just an aside.. really wish BDP would have an archive trawl and give us a BDP 'Trainer' style thing... even just remasters of The Black Dog Productions ep, and Parasight would be amazing.. but any other bdp/balil would so do it for me..

all best

J

ah ah that was you ! so thanks a lot for that "Island praise" upload, that was really cool & smart to get that DAT from the original magazine. the track never really left winamp since i download it from your blog. thanks again for that.

Glad you found the blog useful.. And yeah .. Hell of a track

peace

j

Guest ruiagnelo

peace

j

Do you still run the blog?

Guest jowonio

peace

j

Do you still run the blog?

Guest jowonio

Yes.. Still run my old music blog.. But haven't posted for ages.. It tends to have periods of activity and extreme inactivity depending on life stuff.. Blog has mostly been about old The Enid albums, and some jazz stuff for a while.. But more recently just been too busy to give it any attention. Will be back for a while over the summer hols probably..

Kindest regards

J

Guest jowonio

dear all -

another p.m. from Martin from tBd asking me to take down 'bits' due to rights issues.. so I'll do that right now.. hope you grabbed it if you want it..

time to go back to playing records to each other, and talking about the music we love over a few beers at home, me thinks..

thanks all for the lovely thread and the chance to hear this tape.. honestly has been the most decent thing on watmm for long long time.. even got me out of lurk mode.. ah well back to decoding secret messages from boards of canada (not)..

if you ever want to check out jowonio music there is a jowonio facebook page.. not black doggish in any way..be warned.. and we have an ep on itunes etc..

be great to know when tape 2 turn up.. really wish there had had been a balil lp..

hope yr having good days where ever you are peeps

one love

John

Guest sirch

dear all -

another p.m. from Martin from tBd asking me to take down 'bits' due to rights issues..

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

what's it gotta do with him?

..oh well, managed to grab it anyway tho, so thanks, J. :)

and yeah, lookin forwards to hearing that 'Tape 2' soon aswell, + the Plaid/Ae collab EP. - nicely nicely!

Edited by sirch

Guest ruiagnelo

dear all -

another p.m. from Martin from tBd asking me to take down 'bits' due to rights issues.. so I'll do that right now.. hope you grabbed it if you want it..

time to go back to playing records to each other, and talking about the music we love over a few beers at home, me thinks..

thanks all for the lovely thread and the chance to hear this tape.. honestly has been the most decent thing on watmm for long long time.. even got me out of lurk mode.. ah well back to decoding secret messages from boards of canada (not)..

if you ever want to check out jowonio music there is a jowonio facebook page.. not black doggish in any way..be warned.. and we have an ep on itunes etc..

be great to know when tape 2 turn up.. really wish there had had been a balil lp..

hope yr having good days where ever you are peeps

one love

John

Balil LP

One of the things that electronic music is actually missing.

Guest sirch

and an Atypic EP !

come Plaid! pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?? :D

to hell with Scintilli, hit us with some quality Balil and Atypic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest ruiagnelo

and an Atypic EP !

to hell with Scintilli, hit us with some quality Balil and Atypic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are like the kids screaming for the toys they won't have for sure.

But hey, Atypic EP, Balil LP and Trainer 2. Oh my god.

Guest sirch

and an Atypic EP !

LOL.............................. well.. it has to be said (about new Balil+Atypic)

nothing wrong with it. :)

oh and did i say Atypic EP?? i meant double LP x 2 + limited ed. CDr + 5.1 surround sound 'classics' live gig on DVD. ;)

and same goes for Balil. please. lol

Guest jowonio

and an Atypic EP !

very funny.. but oh god yes please.. haha

Guest boredroom

WTF maaaan just goes to show the cobweb bruthas are brutes who should be put down ;).. and seconded - WTF Is 'Bits' gotta do wid the Dusties!?

Only the original 3 Dogs should have any say in these works, si?! pfft

I remember listening to TBD(E/A/K) and being in awe at their 'vision' and how they could capture so much emotion without words.. mysterious.. Another planet! :)

Although, knowing 'Bits' is inferior in comparison to the released works of Bytes, Spanners etc it still serves to show these guys are human(obviously) and gives that bit(no pun) more appreciation for their polished hard works and insight into them as muscians, as individuals.. :)

Nice post guys and support!

rant to be continued..

Guest ruiagnelo

WTF maaaan just goes to show the cobweb bruthas are brutes who should be put down ;).. and seconded - WTF Is 'Bits' gotta do wid the Dusties!?

Asked the exact same thing in the current TBD forum. Seems they ignored me. I hope the dusts aren't taking to serious the inheritance they are carrying, if you know what i mean.

Makes me cringe when the dusts talk on behalf of the original black dog as they had nothing to do with that sound. if ken can't be arsed to comment - i suggest the dusts should keep quiet !

Edited by magdog

Guest jowonio

Hey all

well traditionally it is fans who keep legacies alive and archive things. I can think of do many examples where the fans contribution has allowed things to exist that would otherwise be lost..

I think we need to archive the bits and bytes we have in the best formats and quality possible.. Who's to know what plaid tbd have locked away but good care should be taken of what we've got..

Hope yr all good

j

Guest sirch

Makes me cringe when the dusts talk on behalf of the original black dog as they had nothing to do with that sound. if ken can't be arsed to comment - i suggest the dusts should keep quiet !

to be fair tho, you don't seem to hear Richard Dust saying anything? he seems to keep quiet. which is decent.

he gets it. the other one seems to be a bit of an arse.. , if i may be so bold.

does anyone know if they released much prior to working with Ken Downie?

i'd be interested to hear their skills if so, and compare, with what's being put out now as tBd.

FWIW, i think Downies' solo work, like MFA, is very good. it's obv. not as complex and layered as the earlier BD work,

but it's still very good, interesting, and beautiful music! very Black Dog, still. and as an old Black Dog fan i'd much prefer

to listen to something like MFA, than the 'Nothern Electronic Soul' Dusty schtuff. why the fixation with 'the North' and Sheffield

so much anyway!? it's boring, imho, and really doesn't sit right with tBd, in my mind.

who cares that you're from the North!? lol. you don't need to ram it down peoples throats so much do you? and if so why?

you don't get Plaid or Aphex Twin or Squarepusher, or any Southern based artists for that matter, saying "we're from the South, fuckers!"..

lol, south, south, south, south, south!!! so it must be a Northern 'thing', i guess.. ??

..putting out an EP tho entitled "We Are Sheffield" under the name 'The Black Dog', is really wrong, imho. - oooo, controversial statement :)

'Silenced' is the most BD sounding thing Downie has released with Dust, imho. the other albums touched on that lovely style a little bit

but seemed to be way more 'Dust-Driven', which i just can't get into, but not through lack of trying......

i want to like new BD, because i like Downie.... as a bloke and an artist. but Dust-Driven-Dog just doesn't do it for me at all.

if they had a different band name i reckon things would be different. nobody would be comparing them to the past Dog, at least not as much,

and it would be a different and new venture for all.

and you can't really blame old Dog fans for comparing and/or missing the old Dog. it's just natural and what a lot of people like

at the end of the day. can't blame them for having that opinion.

anyway, end of rant! haha :P

All the best, Plaid and Black Dog Productions fans.......................................... much Love

Edited by sirch

Guest ruiagnelo

I didn't even know Silenced was created by the current lineup, i thought it was Ken alone. It's a beautiful record too.

to be fair tho, you don't seem to hear Richard Dust saying anything? he seems to keep quiet. which is decent.

you're right.. my apologies to Richard, dog farts to Martin ;)

have to say that i also really liked 'Silenced' and the exclusive 12's tracks that came out with it... seems to me mainly a Downie production, but as i'm going purely by ear i may be wrong. May i also add, although i sound a little anti new-black-dog i'm not really as i truly respect all the hard work the Dust brothers have put into the music these past five years.. they must be some of the hardest workers in electronic music today !

some fave nu-bd tracks.. to show i'm not ignorant.

Train By The Autobahn (Part 1)

UV Sine

Witches Ov

Ghost Vexations......... BELLE !!!

Floods V3 (33 ⅓ RPM)

Gawble Vianag

Plinth

Stempel

Skin Clock

Tunnels Ov Set

Passport Control

Wait Behind This Line

Delay 9

Sleep Deprivation 2

Business Carpark 9

Gate 21

peace and love.

Guest sirch

you're right.. my apologies to Richard, dog farts to Martin ;)

have to say that i also really liked 'Silenced' and the exclusive 12's tracks that came out with it... seems to me mainly a Downie production, but as i'm going purely by ear i may be wrong. May i also add, although i sound a little anti new-black-dog i'm not really as i truly respect all the hard work the Dust brothers have put into the music these past five years.. they must be some of the hardest workers in electronic music today !

some fave nu-bd tracks.. to show i'm not ignorant.

Train By The Autobahn (Part 1)

UV Sine

Witches Ov

Ghost Vexations......... BELLE !!!

Floods V3 (33 ⅓ RPM)

Gawble Vianag

Plinth

Stempel

Skin Clock

Tunnels Ov Set

Passport Control

Wait Behind This Line

Delay 9

Sleep Deprivation 2

Business Carpark 9

Gate 21

peace and love.

same here really. and yeah they've done loads of good tracks over the last 5 years.

Floods is proper dark, and one of my faves. not many ppl seem to like that 1 tho?

i'm not too good with names tho so can't really give props to any others..... off the top of my head.

Silenced is class tho. as is 'Bite Thee Back'. :)

feel rotten for saying this and about the dog farts to Martin comment.

for what it's worth, i take it all back and apologise.

now i understand.

:emb: