IGNORED

tax breaks for married couples?

keltoi

i agree that abortion is a touchy subject but if you are a dr, i believe you should perform the operation the patient needs whether you agree with it or not.

i agree that abortion is a touchy subject but if you are a dr, i believe you should perform the operation the patient needs whether you agree with it or not.

scientifically there is no need for an abortion

yeah but they can argue it's unnecessary... i'm sure a plastic surgeon for example can opt out of ops he deems unnecessary/non essential.

edit- at jules (fred beat me to it)

very true but morally there may be.

it is a crazy touchy field and im not sure there is a correct stance. probably mine is wrong if anything.

If the Doctor thinks abortion is murder , why would you want to put that kind of pressure on him (No matter how wrong you think he may be)

Hospitals should ask the doctors before hand if they are okay with performing abortions (in case of an emergency) , I'm pretty sure there will always be one willing to.

JAT

thats why i said my view was probably wrong.

i was more going on the whole though, abortion aside. if they feel like its morally unacceptable to work on a terrorist, a muslim, an immigrant, a black guy, anything, is that right? i think not.

i was more going on the whole though, abortion aside. if they feel like its morally unacceptable to work on a terrorist, a muslim, an immigrant, a black guy, anything, is that right? i think not.

of course that's not right, and no one is arguing otherwise. a doctor's priority is going to be to provide patient care that is necessary to the patient's survival. so if a terrorist comes in spraying blood out of their chest, half blown up from a suicide mission, a doctor will work on him. it's not about morals in this case, it's cut and dry, this human needs care or he will die.

Guest ezkerraldean
personal beliefs do not prejudice patient care
Given how polarizing the issue is it's ridiculous at this stage in the game to assume your regular doctor is going to be willing to abort your fetus.

might just be me, but is it polarizing outside the US? is it just another aspect of the American turbo-charged religiosity? i've not really come across that many Brits that have ever really thought twice about abortion

Guest Dirty Protest

Abortion is still illegal in Northern Ireland, flights are full of 16/17yos going to London to have it done. Not only do they have to deal with possibly the worst thing thats ever happened to them, they also have to do it in an other country. Presbyterian tough love for ya.

Its the main reason I dont want the Torys in. Their christian lobbyists tried to put through a lower age for abortions last year, it didnt go through, but the intent makes me feel a bit ill. Religion really should have anything to do with politics. My godless relationship has lasted so much longer than any of my friends marriages.

he's only 25.

Give him a year. I'm 26 and I want to beat him until he starts asking why God would allow it.

of course age is irrelevant... but i got annoyed at him telling me what a secure relationship is when his dick's still wet from his first ride... young whippersnapper.

doctors don't always do procedures for the physical health of their patients. things that improve someone's quality of life, like the removal of benign tumors, are criteria for operations as well.

Guest Dirty Protest

wait, so they wanted to lower the age that the featus has to be before you abort it or the age of the person seeking the abortion?

Fetus, there probably isnt many religions that advocate lower mother age.

doctors don't always do procedures for the physical health of their patients. things that improve someone's quality of life, like the removal of benign tumors, are criteria for operations as well.

right but they're not obligated to do so. the argument above is that a doctor should perform an operation at a patient's request, whether the doctor agrees with it or not. you go to a doctor and ask for your leg to be removed because it will make you happier, and they wont have to do it, which is reasonable. it is unreasonable to expect a doctor to perform a quality of life procedure if the doctor doesn't want to do it.

Archived