IGNORED

tax breaks for married couples?

keltoi

these dinosaurs are suggesting that a solid community is built upon outdated religious doctrines.

i just had a conversation with a young narrowminded tory fuck who has KNOWN his wife for a total of 2 years and is telling me that marriage means security! ignoring the fact that the divorce rate is over 40%! he's been married for under a year and i guarantee that him and his wife waited til the lord allowed them to fuck.

i'm not married but i've been in a relationship longer than he's been having hardons so i asked him if he thinks my relationship is immoral... based on his religious views... yes. so i've got a baby on the way, am i bringing a bastard child into some kind of sinful existence? he repeats, based on his religious views... yes... gay people? yes immoral... he's fuckin racist too... he's got the full set of bigotry.

so i'm trapped in a car with this guy on my way to work and advised him to stop talking to me. now stuck in an office for the day with him too but he's got the message to keep out of my way.

on one hand i'd like to commit ultra-violence on his backward ass but it's laughable really, it's like this guy's travelled through time from the 50's to judge us all and he's only 25.

the best thing to do is stay out of their way IMO

i'm supposed to car share with the wee shite (and he's also my bosses son)

Sounds like an awful grin and bear it situation with a few wise cracks subtly thrown in. What religon is he so fanatical about?

christian/baptist.

his dad's the same but has known me for 10 years, so knows better than to preach to me, and is actually more open minded than his son.

i blew up on a 19 year old girl from college who tried to tell me gays are inherently evil the other day. ive never really met real christians, i told her that she is far more bigoted and sickeningly brainwashed to judge the morality of people she's never met , based on a perfectly natural and common sexual preference. she was not happy. the christian society at college hate me now. shit happens.

Guest ezkerraldean

i've only come across a couple of proper hardcore christians. one of them was batshit insane, was driving a mate of mine somewhere and told him that if he deliberately crashed the car and they both died, he would go to heaven and my mate would go to hell (proper hell with fire and stuff).

used to say that god literally spoke to him in coherent sentences that he could write down and repeat.

he also had a fucking strong Scots accent which made it difficult to avoid laughing in his face when he was preaching to you

fuck fundamentalist religion. thank fuck i wasn't born in the US

I don't think I've ever met a proper religious nutjob, I feel like I'm missing out on a lot.

Guest ezkerraldean

i met this American Creationist in Hereford who found out that i'd just bought a Richard Fortey book ("what's it about?" "ah, fossils, evolution, that stuff") and started shouting at me in disgust like i'd just picked my nose and wiped it on his face.

"you really believe we're descended from monkeys?! get with the times! how can people like you still exist! oh, you're a geologist?! don't get me started on noah's flood! don't you dare try and deny that!"

should have kneed him in the nads. at least he was American, i refuse to believe anyone in Britain would be fuckspazztarded enough to be creationist

i blew up on a 19 year old girl from college who tried to tell me gays are inherently evil the other day. ive never really met real christians, i told her that she is far more bigoted and sickeningly brainwashed to judge the morality of people she's never met , based on a perfectly natural and common sexual preference. she was not happy. the christian society at college hate me now. shit happens.

this is how we got into the above conversation... he talked about those B&B owners who david cameron publicly supported, who turned away gay customers on religious grounds, saying it was their right to descriminate based on sexuality... he tried to explain his POV by saying "you wouldn't want drug addicts shooting up in your B&B would you?"... i explained that's a rediculous comparison cos it's an illegal activity and homosexuality hasn't been illegal for quite some time... i said the only similar comparison was dicriminating against unmarried couples... he said "well there you go i wouldn't want tehm sleeping in my B&B either!".

sanctimonious cunt.

i made a real impact on her though, ive actually known her for a few months and we get on quite well, she quite likes me. i knew she was christian which was cool, but we never talked about it. i didnt realise she was a close minded hardcore brainwashed christian instead of just a decent person who believes in god.

who knows. maybe im going to hell for accepting gays. then theyl be able to say 'told you so!'

college has an incredibly large percentage of christians by the way. many of them dont believe in evolution. i had a hilarious one in the pub the other day, where i was with my girl and then about 8 2nd years id never met, was getting along like a house on fire as usual, then i made a joke about meeting a person in college who actually believe god created the earth from scratch 6000 years ago and put adam and eve on it, and was treated to a table full of stony glares, a 5 second silence, and then 'well, evolutions just a theory isnt it. dont be so closeminded' . lol o chops

Guest Lady kakapo

Within my job I deal with just about every possible combination of race, culture, religion and socio-economic class, and I often get quite an intimate view into their lives. You take a handful of white class A Brits and a handful of fob immigrants from Africa and the percentage of honest decent people to idiots always remains the same. With one exception. Those who prominantly display their religious affiliation (I'm not necessarily talking about clothing or something superficial like that) are almost always in the dishonest/idiot camp. What have they got to lose, they have God on their side? I really wish we would formalise and constitutionalize(?) the secular nature of the state, like France, before it's too late.

this bawbag also talked sanctimoniously at length about how his wife, a doctor in her 1st year of practice, exercised her moral right to refuse to carry out abortions on religious grounds, irrespective of the circumstances (rape cases, disablitity, etc.)

this bawbag also talked sanctimoniously at length about how his wife, a doctor in her 1st year of practice, exercised her moral right to refuse to carry out abortions on religious grounds, irrespective of the circumstances (rape cases, disablitity, etc.)

how could she still have a license? that is so wrong on so many levels.

i also get a huge lol out of the line "do you believe in evolution?" i have heard that a few times.

I should be given Tax breaks because i choose not to bring any little pricks to this world (that the tax payers will have to pay for 18 years , and to be honest , known me my kid would be a screw up and somehow will cost the taxpayers much much more money.)

known me my kid would be a screw up and somehow will cost the taxpayers much much more money.)

almost the most intelligent boxing day post ever.

apparently, according to him, doctors have the right to refuse based on morals... but they have to refer/defer the case to another doctor, in effect washing their hands of the whole thing... so it's possible that someone desperate for an abortion might be passed on by a number of doctors til they find one who'll operate.

watching the pols schmooze on sky today reminds me of something saint charlie brooker said - brown is an uncharismatic lump, but underneath cameron's suit lies something not entirely human.

apparently, according to him, doctors have the right to refuse based on morals... but they have to refer/defer the case to another doctor, in effect washing their hands of the whole thing... so it's possible that someone desperate for an abortion might be passed on by a number of doctors til they find one who'll operate.

something is wrong with that. so theoretically they could say "its morally wrong for me to sew this illegal immigrants head back together after his car accident?"

i'm not sure how the doctors refusing abortion thing comes into play. no one comes into the emergency room requesting an abortion. i'll go ahead and take issue with that though, abortion is a very polarizing subject and a doctor should have a right to choose not to perform one if the choice is not physically harmful to the mother or child.

Guest Scrambled Ears

im having to put up with shit now with my girl's mom. shes a catholic and believes that her moving in with me w.o the sanctimonious bond of god-knows-what is unholy and something to be ashamed of. Of course she got married at 20 and naturally divorced later in life so god forbid someone might take things a little slower. honestly, I dont get why anyone would rush into a "lifelong commitment". I havent been here for very long but one thing i can be sure of is change. i dont despise her but it sure is infuriating how she confuses ignorance for bliss

abortion rights in uk

Can my doctor refuse me an abortion?

A doctor or nurse has the right to refuse to take part in abortion on the grounds of conscience, but he or she should always refer you to another doctor or nurse who will help. The General Medical Council’s Duties of a Doctor says that doctors must make sure that their “personal beliefs do not prejudice patient care”. The Nursing and Midwifery Council’s Code of Conduct provides similar guidance to nurses.

Whilst most GPs follow professional guidelines, some do unfairly obstruct women accessing an abortion. If you are not happy with the level of support from your GP you can attend your local family planning or sexual health clinic instead.

Please note, ‘LIFE’ and ‘Crisis’ centres are opposed to abortion, and so the information they offer may not be unbiased.

Abortion Rights can offer some confidential support for women trying to overcome unfair barriers to accessing services. In addition Abortion Rights is campaigning to improve the quality of care for women facing an unplanned pregnancy. If you have faced unfair barriers to services or have been given biased and directive information we would like to hear from you, anonymously if you prefer.

personal beliefs do not prejudice patient care

Many doctors will argue that interfering with the natural course of life doesn't fall under the umbrella of required patient care. They would feel it's analogous to those people that hate their limbs who try to go in and have them removed. No doctor is going to amputate an arm because a patient comes in and asks for it. I guess my point is, and I dont' know how it is in the UK i guess, but aren't there people who specialize in this sort of thing? Given how polarizing the issue is it's ridiculous at this stage in the game to assume your regular doctor is going to be willing to abort your fetus.

[as an aside -- limb haters are fascinating. they will literally dip their legs in dry ice and freeze them off so that the doctor will have no choice but to amputate]

doctors must make sure that their “personal beliefs do not prejudice patient care”.

this doesn't really tie in with some religious zealot playing god, judge and jury on your life.

bawbag said only god can choose to take life, not us.

Archived