IGNORED

What's that sound?

AJW

YUBYUB

Furthermore, this song has really grown on me lately. I used to be liable to skip this droning monolith of a track, but now, it comes across so so soothing: A bit like being fed large amounts of strawberry ice cream and you know you should be feeling like you've have enough but you find yourself enjoying it more and more. Finally discovering your brain and innards to be frozen and finding in this state bliss, and still wanting more. That sort of thing.

And that little melody that keeps cropping up in the background, reminiscent of cosy hotel or elevator music.

4:23 sounds to me like a silly voice saying "yubyub" or something like that. Any of you knowledgeables know something I don't?

this was one of the last tracks on the album to click with me for some reason.. probably because I was sooo hooked on tracks 3+7 that i always kind of skipped the middle of the album. usually i don't really associate autechre with machines, but this track is probably one of their most machine-like..

Yubyub.. Autechre meets the Ewoks..

Archived