IGNORED

little dog: next generation robot

chaosmachine

Guest Coalbucket PI

I just saw this on Stumble ten minutes ago and now I'm listening to Underworld as a result

Guest Rambo

Its pretty damn impressive. There's another video somewhere of it doing some shaolin style shit

mindblowing and scary all at the same time, why are these guys seemingly the only ones making such impressive stuff tho? it shits all over those humanoid looking robots made by japan who are barely able to walk on flat surfaces

Guest Babar

pfff it's not robotics anymore, it's art. Look at the way it moves - it just looks like a miyazaki movie. + It's so damn cute. I buy it.

mindblowing and scary all at the same time, why are these guys seemingly the only ones making such impressive stuff tho? it shits all over those humanoid looking robots made by japan who are barely able to walk on flat surfaces

bipedal movement is a lot harder to get right than quadrapedal movement.

To me the real cool stuff the japanese are doing is in assisted cybernetics. With their rapidly aging population, this is a definite worry. I know that there was a US company doing this sort of stuff as well, but of ocurse their market was military.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_k30yeCk4c

They're also designing PETMAN, a bi-pedal robot!

[youtubehd]67CUudkjEG4[/youtubehd]

edit: Ya, CHEN, SARCOS is the US company doing the exoskeleton

[youtubehd]IYWd2C3XVIk[/youtubehd]

Archived