IGNORED

The Official 2010 World Cup Thread

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Conor74

Week in, week out, they play in the toughest league, and the boys from the top clubs play a lot of games outside the premiership, in the CL and the Europa league.

But the strongest countries in recent tournaments, Spain, Italy, Germany, all draw their players from very strong domestic leagues. Even countries that may not have the strongest leagues, France and Portugal, for example, have their players in those leagues, playing with the clubs that reach the later stages of the CL, Europa Cup etc. If you mean physically tough, perhaps it oustrips la Liga, but it's not like Norman Hunter and Chooper Harris are still roaming pitches. And playing at that level should be a reflection of their ability, it's not as if the Algerians are just as good but choose to play at lower levels.

beckham could kick the ball pretty accurately, and kick it strong. hes was a good player, people always said he was overrated and i agree, but tbh I've never seen any english player doing any better.

and he's very good looking.

For Beckham, I won't say anymore, only to say that he's very overrated.

conor74 - the EPL probably has the most parity, from top to bottom, Spain, Italy and Germany have strong teams at the top of their leagues, but when you get below the top 4, the quality really drops off. The EPL almost any team can beat any other team, and the top 8 are very strong.

Back on topic, the Dutch were woeful as well...lol, but at least they managed to win!

Guest Dirty Protest

lol?

I think sometime in the late 90's, im getting too old to remember specific seasons.

I think its because big names are easy targets and under scrutiny their fuck up will always be remembered. Maradonna, Pele and Best will always be remembered as great, because TV wasnt showing their mistakes every week.

i just relized that the last round is all at the same time!

tuesday

south africa vs france on at 3pm

mexico vs uruguay on at 3pm

nigera vs korea rep 7.30

greece vs argentina 7.30

wednesday

slovenia vs england 3pm

usa vs algeria 3pm

ghana germany 7.30

australia vs serbia 7.30

its going to be great seeing how mexico and urugay get on when france needs them not to draw and the england need to win really.

TV TICKERS GALORE!

Guest Alex C

So Gourcuff and Ribery had a fight on the plane back to their training camp and Anelka has retired from international football

and I thought we had it bad

Guest Rambo

lol?

I think sometime in the late 90's, im getting too old to remember specific seasons.

I think its because big names are easy targets and under scrutiny their fuck up will always be remembered. Maradonna, Pele and Best will always be remembered as great, because TV wasnt showing their mistakes every week.

dont get me wrong i think he was very good, just not amazing. Kind of the same way i see Lampard.

So Gourcuff and Ribery had a fight on the plane back to their training camp and Anelka has retired from international football

and I thought we had it bad

lol the French have falling apart down to an art form.

So whos the best player ya'll seen on a pitch?

Romario. Brazil played Canada in a friendly, he scored two beautiful goals. One was coming from right to left just inside the 18 yard box, he did a double step over to the left to beat one player, cut back past a second then slotted the ball home down in the bottom right corner. The second goal was from a free kick, an excellent curler into the top corner of the net that left the keeper flat-footed...

Guest Alex C

Domenech is getting interviewed on TV now in France, basically its a panel asking him what the fuck is going on and brining various subjects up.

Ribery just wandered onto the set in shorts and flip-flops nearly bursting into tears, then he's stormed off...Lizarazu is one of the people on the panel, he is pretty much going for Domenech's throat.

Domenech tells Lizarazu that the 2000 France team boycotted the press.

Lizarazu replies: "You're lying, not only are you are a disgrace, a failure...but also now a liar"

Jesus fucking Christ

Guest Alex C

Unlike every other right winger Beckhams actually capable of putting a ball in, Im sick of SWP wing shit and Lennon just cutting in and squaring the ball to nobody and not even having the bollocks to have a shot once in awhile

Guest Alex C

Also Paraguay/Slovakia with more empty seats? This is getting beyond a joke now, I hope Africa is banished from ever hosting a tournament again.

Guest Dirty Protest

Domenech is getting interviewed on TV now in France, basically its a panel asking him what the fuck is going on and brining various subjects up.

Ribery just wandered onto the set in shorts and flip-flops nearly bursting into tears, then he's stormed off...Lizarazu is one of the people on the panel, he is pretty much going for Domenech's throat.

Domenech tells Lizarazu that the 2000 France team boycotted the press.

Lizarazu replies: "You're lying, not only are you are a disgrace, a failure...but also now a liar"

Jesus fucking Christ

Loris

Sagna Abidal Gallas Evra

Diaby

Malouda Gourcuff Ribery

Anelka Henry

Manager, any fucker

Its really not that difficult, the team picks itself. Dont know why i care, but what a waste.

Guest Alex C

The talkers in that camp are Gallas/Evra/Ribery/Henry, and it's pretty clear that's how it's been for sometime their influence is pretty big. It's like the groups at school excep they've thrown the toys out of the pram

Blanc will clear out all the deadwood, he loves Gourcuff and is the future of the French team.

If he gets rid of the dickheads he'll get a good core of players with Lloris/Sakho/Squillaici/Clichy/Benzema then they can definitely go somewhere

Archived