IGNORED

The Official 2010 World Cup Thread

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Dirty Protest

As much as i am finding the French implosion lol worthy. that was never a red card.

I dont think so either, but hey ho, it all adds to the farce

Yeah I'm watching at the office with no sound and had trouble understanding what was going on. How is a little elbow in a duel a red card? I'm getting tired of these dubious red cards.

Guest Mirezzi

Same thing happened to Behrami for the Swiss yesterday, apparently on demands from FIFA to stamp out elbows. The problem is that a lot of players do use their elbows to create space or ward off defenders, but they've been doing it their entire footballing lives. It's especially silly when two players go up for 50-50 balls and use their arms to jump. Let's hope there isn't a silly red card in the knockouts.

Guest Mirezzi

Beautiful counterattacking football from Uruguay. Now, Mexico are going to be nervous because RSA will tie them with differential with another goal against France.

This Uruguay team is really fucking good. I am as impressed with them as anybody in this tournament so far...

Guest Conor74

Graeme Souness on Irish television.

The Real Reason England is In Trouble...

http://legendaire.wordpress.com/2010/06/20/the-real-reason-why-england-are-in-trouble/

Plausible, though like any theory not infallible and can be analysed by reference to other games played at sea level, the performances of other teams etc. Would have thought it more plausible than a lot of ideas floating around about the amount of foreign players or the English league, Capello's abilities, the actual ability of Rooney and Gerrard as opposed to the hype etc. etc.

it's always a joy to see the pompous frogs fail. and it's even better when its in such a spectacular fashion.

tomorrow i will be eagerly hoping for another failure by yet another ridiculously overrated team, england.

Guest Gary C

Graeme Souness on Irish television.

The Real Reason England is In Trouble...

http://legendaire.wordpress.com/2010/06/20/the-real-reason-why-england-are-in-trouble/

Plausible, though like any theory not infallible and can be analysed by reference to other games played at sea level, the performances of other teams etc. Would have thought it more plausible than a lot of ideas floating around about the amount of foreign players or the English league, Capello's abilities, the actual ability of Rooney and Gerrard as opposed to the hype etc. etc.

How can the medics have miscalculated training at altitude? Surely it's not a whole lot harder, perhaps more tiring overall, but they're given so much time to rest properly that the players are going mad.

This is Scottish Graeme Souness on Irish TV talking about England in the World Cup. I call utter bollocks on the whole thing.

Guest Mirezzi

This is Scottish Graeme Souness on Irish TV talking about England in the World Cup. I call utter bollocks on the whole thing.

Because you are wise.

Guest Mirezzi

France have been downright noble today. They've given us more disastrous spectacle, they've given South Africa a bit of restored pride, and by scoring a goal, they've destroyed any hopes of the Vuvuzela Epicenter from getting out of their group.

France have been downright noble today. They've given us more disastrous spectacle, they've given South Africa a bit of restored pride, and by scoring a goal, they've destroyed any hopes of the Vuvuzela Epicenter from getting out of their group.

well said!

Damn guille franco can't do anything right, i have no idea why they keep trusting him to play. plus, it is also questionable to have Blanco start the match as captain, and why to take out guardado when he was playing great?.

just one awful defensive mistake and very questionable tactical decisions lost this game for mexico.

Barrera was the man, dos Santos tried a few thing but didn't do much.

Guest Mirezzi

We definitely disagree about Dos Santos. I think he's been brilliant. Blanco was a fat tub of shit today, especially when the first thing of note he did was embellish on the ground after a very mild foul.

yeah embellishing fouls it's always been a blanco thing. it's laughable and everybody hates him for that. and he's been a fat tub of shit for a few years now, no one really understands why the manager trusts him so much, yeah, he used to be great but now he moves slow, thinks slow and loses balls, it's like he's just put there out of respect for what he was in the past.

dos Santos has his moments, he's certainly talented but i don't think he accomplished much today, i thought barrera showed a lot more.

Guest Mirezzi

Was Barrera the player responsible for the cross that Rodriguez wasted from 4 yards out? If so, he was great today.

Edit: Indeed he was...yeah, Aguirre should give him a full 90 minutes against Argentina.

Guest Mirezzi

and guardado, he's the one who almost scored a long distance shot.

Yeah, this World Cup is desperate for one of those to go in...haven't been any so far, have there?

Archived