IGNORED

The Official 2010 World Cup Thread

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mirezzi

Jonathan Spector made the U.S. 23-man squad; there is no greater testament to how much overachieving we're doing at this World Cup than that simple fact.

'schland, 'schland...

hey watmm, this is my second overall drunk (very drunk) post. we made it tonight (germany). this was a fucked up evening. at first we tried to watch the game at a friends house who just moved there, he had no tv-channel where the game was broadcasted. so we got into a bus of my bro, and listened to the radio, until we got to a public viewing place, where we finally watched the game. and we won. after that we lead the automobile convoy for two hours through our fu**in' town, where i got so drunk, like i wasn't the last year before (excuse my gramma). i drove the car, although i lost my diver's license two years ago...

man, watmm, i got so much fun in my life... i love all y'all! (no homo).

EDIT: next game versus england, or what?!

Guest abusivegeorge

Guys I gotta say, there are 204 World teams, and yes of course only a small number make into the world cup. But the USA are 14th in the world and England are 8th.

I really don't see that has a whole shitload of difference, USA actually have a decent team now, and have come a long fucking way in the last 3 world cups.

Myself, and all of my friends were definetly expecting a decent game from the USA against us.

I do, of course, support England, but there's a lot of people that think we should have totally destroyed the USA and "what the fuck were we playing at". When actually, that's not the case.

Guest Rambo

Guys I gotta say, there are 204 World teams, and yes of course only a small number make into the world cup. But the USA are 14th in the world and England are 8th.

I really don't see that has a whole shitload of difference, USA actually have a decent team now, and have come a long fucking way in the last 3 world cups.

Myself, and all of my friends were definetly expecting a decent game from the USA against us.

I do, of course, support England, but there's a lot of people that think we should have totally destroyed the USA and "what the fuck were we playing at". When actually, that's not the case.

It's all relative though George. Chelsea are far better than Fulham.

Guest Mirezzi

It's all relative though George. Chelsea are far better than Fulham.

I still think too many English are ready to apply apples to oranges. Nobody gives a flying fuck what Lampard or Rooney do for Chelsea and ManUre when their strike rate for country is so laughable. So, in your little Chelsea/Fulham analogy, does that mean the United States are Fulham? Eat a dick, Rambo!

"We're better than ____ and we are sooooo much better than _____."

Wake the fuck up. England haven't done shit in the last 20 years of the World Cup and nobody cares what your Premiership teams have done with their foreign players bought with American / Arab / Russian money. Seriously.

This is precisely why, as a dumb yank, I don't appreciate England's patronizing support of the U.S. in the World Cup. It's just as hilariously transparent as when an Englishman says Scotland are British when it suits them or just plain Scottish when it doesn't.

:shuriken:

There, let's get this petulant nationalism amped up a bit in time for the knockouts.

Guest Rambo

This is precisely why, as a dumb yank, I don't appreciate England's patronizing support of the U.S. in the World Cup.

You probably don't like that because you're insecure. I think you have had no luck at all in this tournament and i know far more americans than i know people of any nations.

And as far as the game against the US goes, we drew 1-1 (compare the goals scored) and were supposedly shit. That should tell you something in itself.

I think USA are capable of wining against any team, can't say the same about the english. they are disciplined and it seems like the tactical team isn't as dogmatic as the rest of the world, they adapt very well against different opponents.

Guest Mirezzi

Rambo - I didn't think England were as shit as everybody else, but they were shit. So were the U.S., so what's your point?

Should I compare the way America dismantled Algeria to England's ineptitude against Algeria?

Guest Mirezzi

Rambo, you spoilsport. I really am trying to ramp up the petulant nationalism in case that's not obvious.

I'm happy for my English buddies and I sincerely believe they are happy for my slobbering, foul-mouthed yankee ass.

Guest abusivegeorge

Englands support of the US is not patronising. That's a perceivance upon your head Mirezzi. There are plenty of Englishmen I converse with on a daily basis that would sincerely fucking love the USA to do well in the cup, regardless of Englands status within it.

You're doing a fucking good at getting the banter going though lol.

Good job*

Well I'll have a go - England actually dominated Slovenia for much of the match - plenty of cracking opportunities on net and the Slovenian keeper (who Buffon says is one of the best he's ever seen) played excellently.

Rooney played with increasing confidence, made some great connections with Gerrard and finally got his touch back.

Matty Upton played really well, and so did Terry (barring the first 10 minutes where he made a couple of dodgy passes).

Defoe played a great first half.

Lampard was solid through the middle, and yes he missed a decent shot, but it wasn't a sitter.

Milner was excellent - his confidence will only grow.

Importantly - Gerrard has learned how to play on the left.

But most importantly - they played with spirit and heart, and they protected their lead.

The US best in the group? They got lucky against a shit England team. If it wasn't for Robert "Flapper" Green, it would have been a win for England.

Dempsey was offside against Algeria - and I've never been happier, cause Dempsey is a cunt - hate the smug look on his face. I still remember ManU - Fulham last season when Dempsey decided he would tangle with Rooney and Rooney fucking demolished him. Yada yada apples to orange - club vs country but fuck it - England is a much better side than the States.

having said that - England definitely has the harder route but I can easily see the US losing to Ghana, Uruguay or Korea (especially since the US lost their only match to Ghana so far). England has a winning record against Germany. So yeah suck it - England makes it to the quarters and the US doesn't.

Guest Mirezzi

Ahhh, that's more like it. 100% revisionist bullshit from another Englishman. Wait, are you even English?

You should give massages and hand jobs in the English locker room, chenGOD. If your hands are anywhere near as skilled as your lip service, them lads gonna be feelin' no pain when the krauts come calling!

Whereas your boys are going to be in a world of hurt when the Ghanaians slide their large black members up the US teams collective asses.

Lets see, Rooney and Defoe vs the ponderous German defense?

Sure England only won 1-0, but so did Germany, against Ghana. Fucking Ghana - the colonies.

I am however, remarkably happy that Australia didn't make it through. Shame the Serbs couldn't take it to them, but they lacked a little in offensive firepower.

And yes, I hold English citizenship as well as Canadian citizenship.

Archived