IGNORED

Gaza bound aid flotilla commandeered by Israelis

Guest theSun

brand new UN Report on the Flotilla incident. They found that Israel killed at least 9 people unjustly in a purely execution style. They even found that they shot a 19 year old american citizen in the face at close range after he was already laying on his back injured from 2 other gunshot wounds. pretty predictable, but this will go totally ignored and more ignorant mother fuckers will just still assume the false equivalency that 'both sides are bad'

http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_greenwald/2010/10/01/flotilla/index.html

UN report (long)

http://www2.ohchr.org/english/bodies/hrcouncil/docs/15session/A.HRC.15.21_en.pdf

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

an organization designed to de-legitimize israel basing its report almost completely on the testimonies of hamas-friendly publicity stuntmen concludes that isreal is baaad, convinces awepittance.

are you seriously saying that the UN is designed to delegitimize israel? have you sunk this low? I mean come at least TRY to argue with me or the things said in the report.

antisemitesdidUN.com

if your goal here is to defend israel, you are doing quite an abysmal job, try harder

i guess that it has something to do with the popular support of the palestinian cause among the msulims in muslim states? what's so controversial about it ? it's off topic anyway, just something to notice. the issue is unhrc.

Since the UNHRC has rotating members, I fail to see how there could possibly an organized concerted effort to de-legitimize Israel. As for muslim states being the majority, that's an absolute falsehood. There are currently 47 member states in the UNHRC, 26 of which I am certain are non-muslim states. I don't know the status of the african nations, so I gave you the benefit of the doubt and assumed they were all muslim states in that calculation. However I'm 90% certain that some of those African states and some of the Asian states which I was unsure of are not Muslim states. So sorry, you must have facts before you spew distractions.

Back to the topic on hand, Israelis do some fucked up shit, but it's all ok cause they were persecuted. :rolleyes:

Since the UNHRC has rotating members, I fail to see how there could possibly an organized concerted effort to de-legitimize Israel. As for muslim states being the majority, that's an absolute falsehood. There are currently 47 member states in the UNHRC, 26 of which I am certain are non-muslim states. I don't know the status of the african nations, so I gave you the benefit of the doubt and assumed they were all muslim states in that calculation. However I'm 90% certain that some of those African states and some of the Asian states which I was unsure of are not Muslim states. So sorry, you must have facts before you spew distractions.

Back to the topic on hand, Israelis do some fucked up shit, but it's all ok cause they were persecuted. :rolleyes:

regarding unhrc i don't know how they manage to organize but their activity focuses almost entirely on israel.

yeah i went i overboard with the "majority", i wasn't meaning unhrc specifically either..the fact is that there are about 50 (out of ~190 ?) un member states with muslim majority that vote automatically against israel in every opportunity.

on israel doing fucked up shit, probably true..fucked up situation fucked up solutions, but the conclusion of this report is sitting in its methodology part.

And then you keep building settlements on palestinian land, is this the UN's fault too ? Israel is just hoping it can annex palestine by force of settlement, before the world finally gets the balls to tell the US they don't care about their veto, and independently act on this matter.

It's a long game that currently israel is winning. We'll see what happens after china ascends.

And then you keep building settlements on palestinian land, is this the UN's fault too ? Israel is just hoping it can annex palestine by force of settlement, before the world finally gets the balls to tell the US they don't care about their veto, and independently act on this matter.

It's a long game that currently israel is winning. We'll see what happens after china ascends.

what makes west bank palestinian land exactly ? it was conquered from jordan in 67 and wasn't requested back in the peace accords. before that it was under british control and before that ottomans controlled it and so on and on, under israeli rule the palestenians were given some sort of self rule and as far as i know there is no building in lands directly administered by palestinian authority

with all that i'm completely for land swap/concession if it brings a true peace, i personally don't care if jews lived there 3000 years ago..this shit isn't worth it.

i don't know if you're following but the current situation is that abbas bailed out of peace talks because the building resumed after a 10 month freeze, and i honestly don't understand what palestinians gain by not continuing the talks.

also you should keep in mind that a large portion of palestinians consider tel-aviv and the like a jewish settlement that should be dismantled.

i dont think its right of isreal to exist anymore maybe if there more peaceful but its so militaric society and then they do aparthide (or genocide some say) on palastinians its just isnt right of them to do that

i dont think its right of isreal to exist anymore maybe if there more peaceful but its so militaric society and then they do aparthide (or genocide some say) on palastinians its just isnt right of them to do that

i fucking love you.

Archived