IGNORED

recommend me that new electro sound

YEK

i really would like more of this sound, album and ep wise,

kinda like , justice, uffie, boys noize, sebastiean m, modeslektor, oizo,

as you can see i'm a bit clueless and most of the stuff i've heard is ed banger...

so Someone, educate me. i don't care about labels just individual artists that are good high energy dance music and modern. chh hch chee4rs

Apparently Bloody Beatroots are good but I never listened to them. But they did do a great DJ set after Squarepusher a year ago.

Some of Fake Blood stuff is very good, try the Fix Your Accent EP. Some of the remixes are dodgy though.

Guest Backson

jackson and his computer band

VHS head

these 2 are more interesting than the majority of Ed Banger with the exception of Mr. Oizo

yes, enjoy these two alot. If there were was justice in the world, Jackson would be hailed as the godfather of french electro.

but also:

Boys Noize - Oi Oi Oi LP

Teenage Bad Girl - Cocotte LP (sort of like a more chaotic Boys Noize)

Cecile (the best of the Justice ripoffs)

Danger (or Kavinsky, they do 80s chase music except Danger is way more conceptual)

DatA - Aerius Light EP (early DatA was very simple and cool, then he basically became a Justice ripoff)

Digitalism - Idealism LP

Goose - Bring it On LP (hit and miss electro rock)

Huoratron - $$ Troopers EP (very angry 8-bit, check out the $$ Troopers video)

Kap Bambino - Blacklist LP (electro but faster and with an italian girl yelling)

MSTRKRFT - The Looks LP

80kidz - Life Begins At Eighty EP (Japanese distorted electro, kind of copycat but Japanese enough to sound pretty original)

this kind of stuff peaked in popularity around 2006 and 2007, and its now mainly about atonal techno or ableton compression. so if you're looking for stuff to DJ, then your better off playing The Bloody Beetroots or MSTRKRFT or something else off DIM MAK because this list is quite old, but in my own opinion is better.

Oh, and there are heaps of labels. Institubes, Boysnoize Rec, Modular, Record Makers, Turbo and Kidz Rec are examples, but you're probably best just figuring out what the artists you like are signed to, because every second DJ has setup a label really.

The best by faaaaar: Danger

[youtubehd]ugxTsl8_ZuI[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]TNwnHYGFi98[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]pw5pKKMGGFU[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]FQAqbC95Ycw[/youtubehd]

And the list goes on, nothing but epic bangers.

Guest lustfulgustav

Check out Siriusmo. And maybe Yuksek. And maybe Moderat (which is a collaboration between Modeselektor and Apparat). And maybe Proxy. Maybe.

Guest Backson

what do you want the music for? is it for personal enjoyment or to DJ with?

both

if you want to DJ and get the crowd going nuts, you'll probably have to get some Bloody Beetroots or Steve Aoki or Proxy because they are the most current.

but I think the sounds of 06 and 07 were the best. especially in france. it was just as all these seperate individual producers were each doing something interesting and only just beginning to come together as a scene, and then by 2008 every man and his dog were making this kind of stuff over the internet using Ableton.

i dunno, its up to you. but either way, I recommend Boys Noize' debut as a starting point.

what do you want the music for? is it for personal enjoyment or to DJ with?

both

if you want to DJ and get the crowd going nuts, you'll probably have to get some Bloody Beetroots or Steve Aoki or Proxy because they are the most current.

but I think the sounds of 06 and 07 were the best. especially in france. it was just as all these seperate individual producers were each doing something interesting and only just beginning to come together as a scene, and then by 2008 every man and his dog were making this kind of stuff over the internet using Ableton.

i dunno, its up to you. but either way, I recommend Boys Noize' debut as a starting point.

thanks bro

Check out Siriusmo. And maybe Yuksek. And maybe Moderat (which is a collaboration between Modeselektor and Apparat). And maybe Proxy. Maybe.

The moderat tracks are brilliant and I love them, but wouldn't really compare it with that "french electro" sound.

Archived