IGNORED

just killed my myspace account (all founders a gone too even tom is out)

o00o

myspace will go to trash soon too as all founders are out now since more then a year. even myspace tom is gone:

http://techcrunch.com/2009/04/21/core-myspace-exececutive-team-definitely-out-expect-announcement-soon/

the founders wanted to change the service for good even had a new platform ready that improved everything but Rupert Murdoch said no so all of them left.

Account Cancellation Scheduled

The account registered to the following email address has been scheduled for cancellation:

NOTE: Please allow 48 hours for cancellation to take effect. Thank you.

Guest Coalbucket PI

I have opinions about social networking site 1. However I have other opinions about social networking site 2.

Guest ruiagnelo

i don't like myspace because when you refer to it, repeat the word my, like "my myspace" and it feels weird

will go to trash SOON? myspace has been overtaken by facebook for years now, mate.

overtaken yes but now as nobody is there anymore its basically dead - fits nicely as sky is not doing well too

Guest placidburp

I don't think I could get rid of mine. Been on it since 2004, and I still get offers(music wise) from it every now and then.

Sound cloud is mother superior though.

Guest placidburp

I actually want to start a myspace account. Is there any reasonable alternative for plugging your crap?

Facebook has worked wonders for me! Had gig offers and asked to release tunes with labels and stuff! ACE!

Just created a separate account than my personal one and plug my tracks every now and then, people seem to dig it!

Also, the trashbear account is now 'Wattem Massif Trashbear' and I plug new watmm musics!

I actually want to start a myspace account. Is there any reasonable alternative for plugging your crap?

soundcloud and bandcamp are perfekt replacements that actually work and are even supported by mobile devices way beyond what myspace is able to (where is your player support for mobile devices myspace? even last.fm has it)

For music it's worth keeping for promotion (along with other sites of course). I got some music signed through myspace on two occasions, the major one being just a year ago. People still go there as a quick way to check songs, tour dates etc.

Archived