IGNORED

Tornados in my City, WTF

Terpentintollwut

Yesterday morning there was a blue sky, all sunny and warm. I didn't even cover the ground under the Trolley Twister before I left and even said "it's not gonna rain TODAY, is it", then I went to work, about 12 km away, at the other side of the Rhine. There was a bit of dark clouds there at some point, then it cleared again. Not unusual for summer in Germany. Once I've finished work, I'm riding my bike back home and come across the local socker stadium. There I see part of an old acorn tree has broken off, folded the metal fence and smashed the ticket booth. I stayed there for a bit, trying to figure out what had happened. The tree didn't look like it had been sick or anything, it was just ripped off, so I assumed it somehow collapsed under its own weight. 50 meters on I see the next tree and am like what - I ask a guy coming out of the public swimming pool, what's been going down here, and he tells me he was in the pool when out of nowhere there appeared a massive wind gust, hurling around chairs and all sorts of stuff, people started to panic. After 10 minutes it was blue sky again. So I arrive home to find this:

A big tree in a row of trees I kept driving by on my way home:

torn1.jpg

Lifted it right with the pavement ...

torn2.jpg

PingPong-table-thing smashed by falling branches, jeez ...

torn3.jpg

Branches that fell into the little stream near by

torn4.jpg

The storm also killed our ugly-ass painting I'm standing next to on the picture in my profile :wtf: It peeled those shreds off the wooden underground.

torn5.jpg

Trees next to the railway tracks that didn't fall onto the tracks. Some others did.

torn8.jpg

This little house even lost its roof, all American like ...

torn6.jpg

My house was full of these dry leaves (actually it still is) although the only open window was a skylight that was set to like a 2 inch gap.

torn7.jpg

My neighbour had an awesome antenna that always reminded me of the cover from The Conet Project, I heard today that he might have been involved with this even, supposedly he's been broadcasting stuff since the early 70's. I kept looking at that awesome antenna, now it's gone too! And a massive tree right next to it. :sad: Here's the antenna showing up in my old time lapse video ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E21x3rlBLA

Guest ruiagnelo

For germany sure its unusual. but you know the weather nowadays, it's too fucked up. there s nothing you, me or anyone can do.

To be honest, I'm glad there weren't any worse things that happened, but I'm a bit pissed that I missed this. I could have filmed it as it happened, had I been at home ... :dry: But thankfully my cats didn't fly away.

This is the first time I've heard about the conet project. Listening now on soundcloud. amazing.

Also, nice weather report, cool pictures!

In my photos and videos I always make it look really stylish and clean (except the leaves), which it could be irl too, but I got so much stuff so there's random things where there shouldn't be. It's an odd house but I love it. See this scene from a 2006 horror film of ours for the upstairs-bit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eirxCGuH7zE

nice pictures. dig the colors. my parents told me similar stuff, theyre living in bocholt, close to the border to holland. where is that exactly you live, emmerich or sth?

Guest Fishtank

When I lived in Minnesota we'd have tornadoes at least once a week in the summer monthes. I remember once there was 5 in 1 day, we spent most of the day in a parking garage.

where is that exactly you live, emmerich or sth?

d-dorf

thesituation.jpg

Nice how you chose the appropriate font for the types of air

I was on my cell phone

You had a phone in your cell? cool! :facepalm:

Arschfick

Such a nice word isn't it? :sorcerer:

Terp, did you confirm it as a tornado or an outbreak of straight-line winds? Often times, it's difficult to know the difference--you have to analyze the destruction path to distinguish the two. I ask because a lot of your pictures remind me of straight-line buttfucks rather than tornadoes but I'm no meteorologist :cisfor:

Apparently there has been a tornado-warning before the event and some neighbours even saw the 'twister' rushing by, but I see what you mean, the tree looks like its been pushed straight over.

Just thank fuck only leaves made it into the loft area of your house and Trolley Twister lives to spin another day!

Yeah... actually it is going to spin about a month from now, I'm working on the mix right now (and also the Trolley 2.0 ... ). Would be kinda awesome if you could come over for the event (for real!) but I guess that's easier said than done ... :unsure:

Archived