IGNORED

George Lucas giving half his fortune to charity

Rubin Farr

sure. let's make a discussion on the true value of internet. where's your logic? i'm not downgrading the internet. i'm downgrading this thread, at most. there's a fundamental difference. have you always been this good at over-generalizing?

take a cup of coffee and relax. the next revolution is not going to start at watmm. i bet that great preacher Bill Hicks would also tell you to get off your lame ass and do something useful.

* if Bill was alive he'd be posting on messageboards as well *

not

step 1. make a post

step 2. humans read it

that's all you need to know about the logic I'm applying here. I could be talking to a person at a bus stop about these ideas, or even a stranger in the park -- it really doesn't matter what type of platform you use to discuss something with someone. And it seems you're over generalising my communicative output. You don't know who I am, and what I do off the internet, so there's no point in you projecting whether or not I'm getting off my "lame ass" other than mere speculation on your part based on what I'm choosing to post.. Of course, I'd be the first to tell you that I recognise a "revolution" of the people's psychology is not going to occur over night. This doesn't mean rational discussions about what has been posted here can not take place. It's as if you are not permitting these types of sociological discussions based on the fact that this is watmm. Tell me, how do you identify yourself within the current economy? What do you do to actually try and change things if you acknowledge things in the world are getting worse? Do you agree with the point of view that we're all powerless and should just consume/obey? I'm not projecting here - I'm asking questions to try and find out why you're reacting the way you are..

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

have you understood anything i posted? let me repeat: if you're really serious about your ideas, do something about it in the real world. if you're really serious, that is. please don't tell me this is everything you do: communicating with people on a messageboard, in the GENERAL BANTER subforum. o the irony. perhaps you should take this forum less serious and yourself more serious. don't tell me you're not smart enough to think of better and real ways to change the world.

remember Lucas only directed a New Hope and the new trilogy. He did not direct Return of the Jedi or Empire.

also one of his biggest pet projects after Star Wars was his producing Howard the Duck, one of the most abominable movie adaptations of all time. The movie is one long cringe

his talent was fleeting at best, unless you consider milking the american public on toy sales talented

i've not read any of this thread after this post but HOLY FUCK howard the duck! JEEZUS. i watched this last year. it is just so...FUcK

Archived