IGNORED

Reality isn't real

Guest chax

Lets not forget that the "place" where our universe may have been created does not necessarily have anything in common with our universe, and if this theory is correct, most likely isn't much like what we're in. Any kind of logic or science or anything we have like that is probably irrelevent there.

The first thing that comes to mind after that is "Well then where'd they get all the ideas?" but you're still thinking too much in the terms of our universe. As humans a lot of our simulations are modeled after parts of our world, but that doesn't mean we were made from the image of anything.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The grand-daddy of all conspiricy theories!

This thread should have a mental health warning on it for those who are paranoid and delusional lol. Sure I have thought the same while cycling along in the peace and quiet, or sat alone on an empty wind-swept beach or striding across the Himalayas. Thoughts trickling into my brain. I don't have a particular high IQ (like some of you it seems, or is it blind people with bullshit lol). But these thoughts have wormed themselves into my brain over the years. To stay sane I ignore them.

All I know is that I will live my life to the best (and sometimes worst) of my abilities, and when I die? Well well fucking see what happens next won't we. Until then I won't spend any more of my valuable time thinking about it.

It seems humans are always looking for an answer for why we exist and because man has invented the micro-chip that might become the new God trend, its just a more modern and updated version of the Sun God. Only now it's some dude on a computer somewhere....

a [2-d] mandelbrot set containing an infinite amount of detail can be generated from a single equation iterated across the complex plane - z[n+1]=z[n]^2+c

I'd differentiate a visual representation of the process of generating a visual from a Mandelbrot set from information though, to say nothing of accounting for the individual position and interaction of every facet of detail contained in this reality. Information simply cannot be invented out of thin air...

but if a nonlinear fractal object is infinitely complex, then it can contain every conceivable shape at some level of magnification. if you take the turing hypothesis that any program can be reduced to a long number, then that shape contains every program, because a shape can be reduced to a long number in exactly the same manner. some recent hypotheses think that the quantum foam is fractal in structure.

i'm just fucking with you

but if a nonlinear fractal object is infinitely complex, then it can contain every conceivable shape at some level of magnification. if you take the turing hypothesis that any program can be reduced to a long number, then that shape contains every program, because a shape can be reduced to a long number in exactly the same manner. some recent hypotheses think that the quantum foam is fractal in structure.

i'm just fucking with you

our simulation overlords use some serious compression algoritms

romanesque.jpg

Guest disparaissant

a [2-d] mandelbrot set containing an infinite amount of detail can be generated from a single equation iterated across the complex plane - z[n+1]=z[n]^2+c

okay i really have no idea what this all means but i do know that graham's number, if written out in digits smaller than a planck volume, would be fill the known universe and then some.

I just wrote an essay on fractals, contained herein.

It has recently come to my attention that not enough people understand how great fractal has been to our lives. Each day we wake up and likely have one or more fractal lying at the foot of our beds. It is wonderful to be able to wake up and smile each morning because of this.

Social & Cultural Factors

fractal has a large role in American Culture. Many people can often be seen taking part in activities associated with fractal. This is partly because people of most ages can be involved and families are brought together by this. Generally a person who displays their dislike for fractal may be considered an outcast.

Conclusion

fractal seem to be a much more important idea that most give credit for. Next time you see or think of fractal, think about what you just read and realize what is really going on. It is likely you under valued fractal before, but will now start to give the credited needed and deserved.

The meaning:

Actually, I just used a random online essay generator and punched in the world fractal.

okay i really have no idea what this all means but i do know that graham's number, if written out in digits smaller than a planck volume, would be fill the known universe and then some.

So what's up with that? Does Graham just not want people calling him or something?

:emotawesomepm9:

Guest disparaissant

So what's up with that? Does Graham just not want people calling him or something?

:emotawesomepm9:

"hey baby, my number is so big it can't be physically stored in the known universe... can i have YOUUUUuuuuurs?"

So, here's a question for you.

If you one day discovered you were existing in a simulation of the BoC subforum... What would you do?

great youtube comment, lol

"What do you do for a living?"

"I work with Carl Sagan."

"That must be cool."

"He gave me a roll of paper and told me to write a googolplex on it."

"Seriously?"

"Yup. Worst. Boss. Ever."

So, here's a question for you.

If you one day discovered you were existing in a simulation of the BoC subforum... What would you do?

manufacture a BOCset and get rich.

Archived