IGNORED

Looking for a Good Channel Strip plugin

wahrk

Kinda tired of throwing the same 3-5 effects on most of my tracks that end up sucking up my CPU and hogging screen real estate. It'd be nice to have something slick that sounds great and covers all the bases.

Gate, EQ, and compression are musts of course.

A nice saturation/overdrive would be preferable.

Multi-band compression, effects, etc are a plus but not necessary.

Ready, go.

I figured the Waves stuff would show up here sooner or later. I guess I'll dig out the torrent I have and sift through it.

The Izotope stuff looks legit, but I have a feeling that I might give myself a headache going through all the possible stuff it can do. I'll snag a copy of it and see how it works out though.

You know I'm a cubase user, so forgive the noobness on this. But does Abelton not come with some sort of channel strip? The channel strip in Cubase is fantastic and I actually prefer it over the waves one.

Anyway, I great free one that is highly recommended on other forums is: Striptool (Free) from VB audio

http://www.vb-audio.com/

Look under vsts and "Striptool free".

I just d/led it to try it before recommending and it's "quite good"

if you're going to dig into the waves stuff, the SSL channel strips are unbeatable, IMHO.

it's the only waves stuff i would consider buying.

the metric halo channel strip is decent as well.

i used to use the nomad factory analogue channel strip for a very long time... it sounds quite good.

You know I'm a cubase user, so forgive the noobness on this. But does Abelton not come with some sort of channel strip? The channel strip in Cubase is fantastic and I actually prefer it over the waves one.

Anyway, I great free one that is highly recommended on other forums is: Striptool (Free) from VB audio

Cubase has a channel strip? Hmm. *checks out Steinberg website* I don't see it on their website, but damn are there a lot of at least great-looking effects that it comes with. I've got a copy of Cubase sitting around on my hard drive somewhere that I should fiddle with. I've been meaning to play with it anyway.

And yeah, out of Ableton, Renoise, and Reaper, none of them have built-in channel strips. The only apps that come with channel strips that I know of are FL Studio and Record, though I'm sure there are a few others.

Also, I know I should pay attention to sound more than looks, but man is Striptool ugly.

if you're going to dig into the waves stuff, the SSL channel strips are unbeatable, IMHO.

Based on SSL hardware, which rules, so it's only natural.

Cubase has a channel strip? Hmm. *checks out Steinberg website* I don't see it on their website, but damn are there a lot of at least great-looking effects that it comes with. I've got a copy of Cubase sitting around on my hard drive somewhere that I should fiddle with. I've been meaning to play with it anyway.

And yeah, out of Ableton, Renoise, and Reaper, none of them have built-in channel strips. The only apps that come with channel strips that I know of are FL Studio and Record, though I'm sure there are a few others.

Also, I know I should pay attention to sound more than looks, but man is Striptool ugly.

Based on SSL hardware, which rules, so it's only natural.

striptool is indeed nasty looking.

Waves ssl is awesome actually.

Izotope Alloy

/thread

After fidgeting with it I've pleasantly surprised at its sound an user-friendliness. Also, it takes about 2% of my CPU power, which isn't the best, but is manageable for the quality.

Archived