IGNORED

Blade Runner opening scene

data

Robocop would be great if District 9 folks could redo the bots scenes digitally, they're the few who can do decent looking CGI.

you give me a sadfase

You have no idea how much the stop-motion battle scene bothered me, even when I was a kid, so choppy.

Robocop would be great if District 9 folks could redo the bots scenes digitally, they're the few who can do decent looking CGI.

you give me a sadfase

You have no idea how much the stop-motion battle scene bothered me, even when I was a kid, so choppy.

it's part of the whole character of the film, it freaked me out as a kid. always gave me a sense of dread

excellent video, i remember the opening sequence would alsoways make me think of sao paulo when i was small visiting family in brasil. im not too sure, but i swear to good you see a similar sight of fire coming out of chimney type things when driving from the air port with my uncle pointing randomly and saying horse, it was only when i was older i realised he meant whore and was pointing out prostitutes.

i remembe this book being a good read when i wrote a essay about blade runner:

book

randomly found this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US60gDQnWfg

when driving from the air port with my uncle pointing randomly and saying horse, it was only when i was older i realised he meant whore and was pointing out prostitutes.

lol!

The original Matrix had pretty good vfx I thought. Good lighting and compositing are key to believable vfx. Do the light sources and specular highlights really match the scene? Do the shadows match the color and richness of the live footage?

The thing that bothers me most about digital vfx is is makes directors think they can do anything, so they often go overboard (Lucas). There's no way to effectively quality-control 600 effects shots.

In the process they've cheapened the appeal of reality, in the same way that fake boobs cheapen reality, or mcdonalds hamburgers cheapen the appeal of a gourmet flame-broiled burger. Instead of amazed you're underwhelmed.

But I guess that's also part of growing up. I'm pretty sure I've lost most of my sense of wonder. As a kid I had no problem overlooking the limitations of vfx.

you give me a sadfase

i watched robocop for the first time the other month (was on a filmic catchup mission). The movie was thin on intrest, bad in design, the only thing that kept my going was the sense of humour. But that petered out further in.

and yeah that stop motion falling down the stairs was worse than student film grade, proof of what joyrex was talking about. It's not the medium you're using, it's what you do with it.

you give me a sadfase

i watched robocop for the first time the other month (was on a filmic catchup mission). The movie was thin on intrest, bad in design, the only thing that kept my going was the sense of humour. But that petered out further in.

and yeah that stop motion falling down the stairs was worse than student film grade, proof of what joyrex was talking about. It's not the medium you're using, it's what you do with it.

:facepalm:

you give me a sadfase

:facepalm:

i could see the film without the rose coloured glasses of childhood hero worship, face it the film blows.

;-p :: E-;

-- HAH @ me being controversial ... forgive me jebus.

Archived