IGNORED

Minecraft

Guest fiznuthian

Guest disparaissant

actually i worded that kind of funny. it works. it loads and all. it just runs at like a frame every 10 seconds.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

actually i worded that kind of funny. it works. it loads and all. it just runs at like a frame every 10 seconds.

change the rendering distance/fog, if you haven't tried already. press 'f' ingame, or Options > Render distance

Guest disparaissant

change the rendering distance/fog, if you haven't tried already. press 'f' ingame, or Options > Render distance

yeah i tried messing with it every which way, it just wouldn't work. plus if -my- computer is any indication, it would just explode eventually anyways. thing's pretty processor intensive and this netbook doesn't even have a cpu fan lol.

[youtubehd]953XeQ3qwMM[/youtubehd]

That's the most Ullililliary thing i've ever seen

the official slogan for minecraft should be 'made by aspies, for aspies'

notchaspie.png

it's the first time since the last autechre webcast i've found twitter useful. notch basically tells you everything he's doing as he's doing it :cisfor:

i just meant the idea of a rainforest in the low-res, blocky tech of minecraft.

I have to hand it to Notch tho, he's approaching things smartly - revealing climate zones at the same time as the portals. This will actually make the portal business worthwhile, as I assume to actually get to a different biome you'd need to do some perilous hell traversing.

I have to hand it to Notch tho, he's approaching things smartly - revealing climate zones at the same time as the portals. This will actually make the portal business worthwhile, as I assume to actually get to a different biome you'd need to do some perilous hell traversing.

to get to hell, craft a portal. then, every 1 square of hell dimension will equal 16 squares of not-hell dimension (i'm assuming in the same direction but who knows?). to get back, craft another portal. which is indeed a good way of approaching things. notch kinda reminds me of mike singleton in his unique, clever choices re essential game elements.

crafting spoiler:

making a portal will involve crafting a door out of obsidian, then setting fire to it. and i'm imagining water will be in short supply in hell, so making obsidian to get back will be hard. simple and genius!

crafting spoiler:

making a portal will involve crafting a door out of obsidian, then setting fire to it. and i'm imagining water will be in short supply in hell, so making obsidian to get back will be hard. simple and genius!

um...solution: bring obsidian with you :-)

Archived