IGNORED

Minecraft

Guest fiznuthian

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Franklin

I went a boating to check out the new biomes and got SUPER fucking lost.... forgot to bring my compass and didn't have any redstone either so took my otherwise very precious inventory (15 diamonds, shittons of gold bars, shittons of iron (enough to make a house of pure iron blocks), tons of mined obsidian) and went down to the depths of a random cave to find some redstone and make myself a compass.....

fucking death by lava

gordo, mining obsidian isn't that difficult... you just need to place another kind of block (earth is good and cheap) under the obsidian before you mine with a diamond pick. takes like 15 seconds to break apart.

finding diamonds is more difficult.

why would you die mining obsidian? Invest in a bucket, cheapskates. Bucket of lava + water = obsidian without pain.

so apparently i ragequitted and didn't save, so i didn't lose as much as i thought lol.

doesn't yours save automatically? Mine does...

dunno usually i click on save and quit to title this time i only clsoed the window.

in other news i made a mess trying to make a lava beacon thing spread all over and i died a couple of times before i could control it. why does sometimes water+lava=stone and sometimes not even that and sometimes obsidian?

Guest Franklin

"Obsidian is created when flowing water hits a lava spring; when a water spring and a lava spring collide it creates cobblestone"

i find Kaini's experience to be correct, spawn lava plus moving water always generates obsidian for me.

By the way, I just read that in the latest update Notch changed back the spawn code for mobs...from playing it, it does seem slightly more humane to me?

two simple additions would make this game much more fun imo:

the ability to create beds to sleep in, to accelerate the arrival of day

a "shift all" inventory button. I hate making a chest and then having to move over all my items one by one.

a "shift all" inventory button. I hate making a chest and then having to move over all my items one by one.

#1: omg yes, i have thought this so many times

#2: i don't understand

maybe an ocarina to accelerate day/night/heat

maybe I just haven't seen it? For example in Oblivion and other RPGs, if you're accessing a chest or other storage area, there's a way to shift everything from that container to your inventory, or shift everything from your inventory to that container. As far as I know with minecraft you have to click drag each item individually? I like this function as I tend to be a hoarder, especially when death is around the corner.

Lately I've been having fun colonizing the Nether. Taking a shitload of rock in and building all of these towers to get at the yellow crystals, with tunnels connecting them. Reminds me a bit of your architecture Kaini, or the architecture on mars in total recall...

Guest bitroast

maybe an ocarina to accelerate day/night/heat

and some horses. fuck cows, this game needs horses. there's already a saddle so that's have the work done anyway, no?

just noticed i haven't posted in this thread. i'll just say i'm comfortably addicted to this game^^

Hey guys,

Is anyone hosting a WATMM SMP Server for the latest version of Minecraft with Biomes?

If not I can give out the info for mine. We should build a city and see how we can protect it when the zombies start getting hostile.

Archived