IGNORED

Minecraft

Guest fiznuthian

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The update is out, whats the plan? If we save the current map, we could use Mcedit to dump stuff onto a new map?

didn't you say you could change the spawn point?

I can download theworld backup but not until i get home. Or i could give you the server panel details. What do you reckon?

HEY FELLAS.

I think it'd be best if we keep the map as it is. I'll be working on a fast railway through the nether that'll drop you off somewhere like 8000 blocks west in the overworld. then you can decide if you like it there, or if you want to stay at home in whatever property you've slaved over for months/years (read: Lumpy).

cool?

That sounds fine to me, thanks for being so considerate. I'd also be fine with an mcedit cut/paste thing where my rainforest area gets dumped in a totally new map. I don't care about seams or losing any outlying areas, I'd just like to keep my rainforest building set intact.

I've been exploring around the updated map and have found some cool stuff. Really epic rolling hills, a spruce forest with mossy cobble outcroppings and some kind of mulchy soil. Still haven't found one of those banded red cliffs though.

Edit: one funny thing is they broke the bed texture. The Mojang guys really do strike me as rather shitty devs. How can you make a bunch of changes and not notice a misaligned texture? Did they qc at all?

I've been exploring around the updated map and have found some cool stuff. Really epic rolling hills, a spruce forest with mossy cobble outcroppings and some kind of mulchy soil. Still haven't found one of those banded red cliffs though.

Edit: one funny thing is they broke the bed texture. The Mojang guys really do strike me as rather shitty devs. How can you make a bunch of changes and not notice a misaligned texture? Did they qc at all?

Yeah i noticed the bed last night, i was going "Whats wrong with my pillow on this side?"

Did you guys try out the extreme world generation option? The world generator goes berserk, and its pretty fun to stumble across the country that has such height variation.

Guest fiznuthian

Dear Peter,

The war has been hard for all of us, especially little Alice.

We are running out of porridge and our month's rations of

pig shit has already begun to fester.I pray each day that

the LORD will carry us to greener pastures. I trust you'll

find this letter in good health.

Word around the cabins is that Friday you will be making your assault on Dead Man's Cock.

Aim straight and shoot true.

Your withering hump of a wife. - Frances

Just discovered this after rejoining the server.. :cry:

Guest Pennywise

pete's been tinkering with that; it looks pretty ghastly tbh so hopefully he can revert it back to normal

That can't be fixed. What are doing now then? making a big rail in the nether?

There's lots of undiscovered country out there if you're willing to walk a little bit.

But I guess it's up to you guys. So you say the current map has already been mc-edited? To me it feels just like the old map; when I go outside the area previously explored is when I find new biome types, which is what I'd expect...it feels un-edited to me?

Guest Pennywise

The map hasn't been edited at all. I just messaged Stomach an idea.

There's a block in minecraft called a command block,( can be spawned in by stomach) It can be connected to a button etc, and it has the power to teleport a player to a specific area. Put one of these babies near the current spawn point and bobs your uncle.

We can have one that goes back to the old spawn as well.

fucking lol, I was exploring around and came across a weird figure...went to investigate, and was slain by a witch! Had never seen one before. Lost all my gear, as usual. Ragequit. Here are the pics of my journey

hHo0uvS.png

ogKFS0a.png

3qDA8MO.png

gfhKFjy.png

Ih9IvDn.png

bDY9h2h.png

The map hasn't been edited at all. I just messaged Stomach an idea.

There's a block in minecraft called a command block,( can be spawned in by stomach) It can be connected to a button etc, and it has the power to teleport a player to a specific area. Put one of these babies near the current spawn point and bobs your uncle.

We can have one that goes back to the old spawn as well.

LET'S DO THAT

HELP ME PETE. I've spawned a command block and i know what instructions to put into it but when i try to input the commands it says "must be an opped player in creative mode"..... now y'see i've made myself an opped player and i've changed it to creative mode so.. what am I doing wrong?

OK so I finally got the command blocks to work.

If you're in the main 'plaza' you'll see a quartz shrine thing - where a beacon used to be. Step on the pressure plate and you'll be teleported 6000 blocks north to a savannah. pressure plate on the other end will take you back to the main portal. If anyone finds a mesa biome or something really ridiculous I'm happy to relocate the teleporter there.

Guest Pennywise

OK so I finally got the command blocks to work.

If you're in the main 'plaza' you'll see a quartz shrine thing - where a beacon used to be. Step on the pressure plate and you'll be teleported 6000 blocks north to a savannah. pressure plate on the other end will take you back to the main portal. If anyone finds a mesa biome or something really ridiculous I'm happy to relocate the teleporter there.

The place it spawns to is pretty cool. Think I might build a racecourse cos thats the only thing I can think of that I am keen to build

Guest fiznuthian

It's becoming evident that the map we are on now is painfully boring. Endless amounts of icy biomes and desert.
Here's my proposal:

1) Generate a new map using the extreme generator

2) Cut paste our current buildings into the new one using MCEdit

What do you think? Obviously losing the old stuff is painful.. From what I understand it isn't too hard to do a quick job with MCEdit.

Guest Pennywise

I don't want to sound fussy but I've been walking about for an hour or so and I agree. Its mostly savannah biome and its a bit dull :(

Guest Pennywise

try amplified, you can always load up the old map if it fails. Its fucking cool on amplified. sorry for the indecisiveness its just I really did walk about and see jack shit on the map

Archived