IGNORED

Minecraft

Guest fiznuthian

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Pennywise

i cant log on right now for some reason. cheers kokoon for the restore, my house is no longer a towering inferno.

no it does work im an idiot.

Thanks you guys...hey kokoon, I wanted to ask, is there anything in your server or configuration that intentionally boots people if their connection speed is too low? Reason I ask is I actually seem to be connecting ok-ish this morning but can't play for more than a minute before it says "Connection lost: timed out" - just want to make sure the "timing out" isn't something that is coming from your end...

it happened again on log-in: "disconnected by server - taking to long to log in"

This makes me think it's something on your end, that disconnects me when it senses my slow connection speed. If there's a limit on login time on your server can you make it more lenient? I know my connection is slow but that's not what's bothering me, what's bothering me is that I always without fail get disconnected.

how would I disconnect myself from the server for timing out? You're saying my ISP is doing it? I dunno, in my experience most things (such as ftp and even Outlook) have a field where you can enter "time out after 3 seconds" or "time out after 5 seconds" or whatever. I imagine servers have this as well...of course I'm no IT expert...if so I'd request kokoon crank it to max...will wait for him to log in

some recent fav vids

nice almost perfect tut

[youtubehd]fy_hDFE6218[/youtubehd]

this dude plays minecraft with his girlfriend, i thought it cute

[youtubehd]j1ZSAEmqyUQ[/youtubehd]

Epic hole

[youtubehd]VFZKtvHQSNY[/youtubehd]

i don't think the server is very configurable. it's probably you.

yep the timeout time field belong to the NetworkManager class, obfuscated as kx.class (partially i think). It's currently set at 1200 (=12s ?). I'm not sure if it'd help but it's possible to increase it. Anyway you'd have a 12s ping. If it's only a ponctual thing, that would prevent you from disconnecting but you'd still experience a serious lag at some point.

yep the timeout time field belong to the NetworkManager class, obfuscated as kx.class (partially i think). It's currently set at 1200 (=12s ?). I'm not sure if it'd help but it's possible to increase it. Anyway you'd have a 12s ping. If it's only a ponctual thing, that would prevent you from disconnecting but you'd still experience a serious lag at some point.

I understand that, I'm willing to live with the lag, actually the lag has has been as bad as 3 minutes or so for me before, in terms of "break block --> block disappears --> block reappears --> block disappears again --> 2 or 3 minutes later it appears in my inventory" (my favorite is waiting 3 minutes for chests to open). But I can put up with that, it's the disconnects that kill me. If we can increase that timeout I'll be a happy camper.

I understand that, I'm willing to live with the lag, actually the lag has has been as bad as 3 minutes or so for me before, in terms of "break block --> block disappears --> block reappears --> block disappears again --> 2 or 3 minutes later it appears in my inventory" (my favorite is waiting 3 minutes for chests to open). But I can put up with that, it's the disconnects that kill me. If we can increase that timeout I'll be a happy camper.

I tried decompiling then immediately recompiling the class file, but it miserably failed. Guess the compiler i'm using is not that good.

So i went hexadecimal and changed the concerned value (1200) to 120000. I wasn't able to connect to my server. Figured out 1200 was stored on 2 bytes whereas i needed 4. Hacked further, loaded the final classfile in the jar, pushed the 'ignition' button and i could connect and play ! So i guess the following class file will allow you to have a timeout limit 100 times as long/great (around half an hour), but i'm not really sure it will work as it's the first time i dip my potato in these waters (hexa).

Go to the minecraft folder, then sneak inside bin and open minecraft.jar with winrar. Drag my kx.class file into winrar's window - replace the old one. Don't forget to delete the META-INF folder.

kx.class

server seems to be down

wait, babar, you're saying the server time out is due to a file saved locally on my machine?

yes. the client waits for packets. If the time since the last packet is greater than a certain value, it triggers a time out. If you put my .class in your minecraft.jar, file, you'd still get the time out message but after 30 minutes or so and you'd be able to enjoy 3 minutes long lags.

Archived